SFO Clubhouse

Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
US is in the section of T1 right next to T2 and there is now an airside connector, or there will be soon: can't remember as I have avoided using US as much as possible. In other words, AA is there for the long haul unless VX goes through a dramatic expansion and T2 usage needs to be re-evaluated. Delta is building a Sky Club in the T1 part that is accessible, so an option will be to get the Amex plat and use the Delta lounge, as well as the centurion at LAS.

As I use VX more, I would not advise using the Admiral's Club. By far the biggest benefit of the membership is the help and support they provide with AA flights. You will not get that as a VX passenger of course. Other than that, there is basically no sense at all in buying a membership for such a space, when you have a terminal like T2 at SF.

For me, one of the things I actually am looking forward to more with VX is taking the occasional trip to the Clubhouse. A 15 minute walk is no bother at all for a pleasant late lunch or early dinner and, with summer hours being what they will be, both will be an option most days. I spent many hours there back in the day, I remember flying out the day after the liquids affair all those years ago and LHR and most US airports were in chaos, the VS flight actually left, but a good five hours late, we had it lucky spending all that time in the clubhouse!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
US is in the section of T1 right next to T2 and there is now an airside connector, or there will be soon: can't remember as I have avoided using US as much as possible. In other words, AA is there for the long haul unless VX goes through a dramatic expansion and T2 usage needs to be re-evaluated. Delta is building a Sky Club in the T1 part that is accessible, so an option will be to get the Amex plat and use the Delta lounge, as well as the centurion at LAS.
Can an AX Platinum card get one into the Sky Club without actually flying DL or a partner?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Can an AX Platinum card get one into the Sky Club without actually flying DL or a partner?
Hhhmmm ... not clear on that one from the offers I have received, maybe not.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Looks like no: "Customers with select Platinum American Express credit cards may access Delta Sky Clubs when traveling on a same-day Delta operated flight (does not include Delta SkyMiles co-branded American Express Platinum Card)." http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-of-terms.html
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Definitely no. I got shut out trying..

In speaking with some VX folks, they would love love love to have the Admiral Club space, but until the dust settles, they are frozen out.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by ptownca
Definitely no. I got shut out trying..

In speaking with some VX folks, they would love love love to have the Admiral Club space, but until the dust settles, they are frozen out.
Pity about the DL thing, glad I did not upgrade to the Amex Plat card yet. Now, if they do build the rumored connector to T3 and we can access the new Centurion Lounge that would solve all the problems

The building dust around T1 figures to settle in upwards of ten years, so I don't consider taking over the Admiral's Club a serious option any time soon. I'm still going to be happy with the occasional trip to the clubhouse, for sure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.