Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Experience redeeming VX miles on International Partners

Experience redeeming VX miles on International Partners

Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:03 pm

As of today, is it still possible to redeem VX points for flights, specifically Virgin Australia flights to SYD or BNB?

Or is it no longer possible bc it's now merged with AS officially? I havent transfer my VX points yet to AS since I dont think there is a deadline to do so (yet)
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:05 pm

https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/el...rline-partners

They say it's still possible. Check the flights on delta.com.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by whowong
Something has changed with VA and VX. VA seems to now release most awards under 72 hours which causes an issue with the burn desk. They are now standing firm with the 72 hour requirement. Apparently they had enough issues where tickets were not processing correctly under that timeframe.
Do you have any details to share about what happened? It is weird, because all 4 times I've booked VA, it has processed instantly.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:52 pm
Original Member

Hello all
Does anyone know where one can determine the amount of Elevate points required for Emirates flights? I am looking for SYD-DXB and possibly SYD-DXB-CDG (if I have enough!) I tried looking on the website, but the city selector tool on the Emirates partner page seems to be locked to SFO! I am looking for Biz or First (but believe First is not an option).

Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:35 am

Anyone have luck booking VA awards recently?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
The EK award chart isn't working for me. Has anyone else had any luck?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I don't think the award partner calculator is programmed anymore. It's still there, but doesn't allow me to change any cities out of the default "SFO."
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
One thing to note guys is you NEED to call before making any transfers.

I stopped flying VX because the partner miles are worth nothing if you want to sit in a premium cabin.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I just booked from BKK-HKG in J for 15k VX miles and $21.50 fee. The agent originally quoted me $200 USD. I thought she was "April fooling" me at first looking forward to my first EK flight.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jma12
I just booked from BKK-HKG in J for 15k VX miles and $21.50 fee. The agent originally quoted me $200 USD. I thought she was "April fooling" me at first looking forward to my first EK flight.
Thats a good deal. One way right?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Thats a good deal. One way right?
Yes, for one way. Let see how much champagne I can drink in 3 hrs
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Is it confirmed that SQ awards are dead? I tried booking a simple SIN-BKK award (which I know for sure has partner space) but the agent couldn't see anything in Y and J.

If there's no hope of booking SQ awards then I'll have to transfer my miles to AS for other uses
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Is it confirmed that SQ awards are dead? I tried booking a simple SIN-BKK award (which I know for sure has partner space) but the agent couldn't see anything in Y and J.

If there's no hope of booking SQ awards then I'll have to transfer my miles to AS for other uses
Yes, unfortunately, It seems like most partner redemption are limited now except EK. Transferring to AS might be a good option for you.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jma12
Yes, unfortunately, It seems like most partner redemption are limited now except EK. Transferring to AS might be a good option for you.
Is there a award chart for EK anywhere?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by SilverChris

SQ awards have been tough for about a year now

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.