Wiki Posts
Search

Booking on Expedia (VX flight)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Booking on Expedia (VX flight)

if I book through expedia do I still get my elevate points? Is it automatic or would I have to contact VX. Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:32 am

It isn't likely. Flights sold at anything less than the normal fare on the Virgin America site are not eligible (through a travel website or a travel agent; places that sell bulk fares at a discount).

The member guide online says ineligible fares include:

tickets purchased as part of a travel package or from certain sources that resell our tickets.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BAR423
if I book through expedia do I still get my elevate points? Is it automatic or would I have to contact VX. Thanks
Fare class?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
?

Same question here. I booked a VX flight - pricey refundable fare on Expedia. Expedia asked for my VX number--- but will VX give me credit?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
If its just a regular fare it should earn points.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA G
Yup. I book almost all of my VX flights through a TA and I've earned points on all of them.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:37 pm

You gotta be careful when booking with third parties because it's a hit or miss.. Some TA bookings end up being a "Bulk Ticket" meaning VX won't know what the price of your ticket is and considering that's what your points are based on, you won't get them. For example, one agency I know that always has "BT" is Priceline. They have that choose your own price option and that typically is a BT. So like I said, it's a hit or miss. Of course best way to guarantee you get your points, is to book with VX agent or on their website. You will never know if you booked a BT or not, you don't find out until you're told by an agent when you call them for whatever reason
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Originally Posted by VXlover
You gotta be careful when booking with third parties because it's a hit or miss.. Some TA bookings end up being a "Bulk Ticket" meaning VX won't know what the price of your ticket is and considering that's what your points are based on, you won't get them. For example, one agency I know that always has "BT" is Priceline. They have that choose your own price option and that typically is a BT. So like I said, it's a hit or miss. Of course best way to guarantee you get your points, is to book with VX agent or on their website. You will never know if you booked a BT or not, you don't find out until you're told by an agent when you call them for whatever reason
Bulk tickets are sold without identifying the carrier you fly on until after you purchase. If you know its Virgin America you will be flying on before you buy it is not a bulk ticket. Another name commonly used is opaque and other than priceline the most common is hotwire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.