Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does inflight movies change?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
When does inflight movies change?

Okay, I tend not to care about the movies that much on my VX flights that much as I often fly to/from destination at a frequency I'm able to see the ones I really want to see.

However, as luck may be of mine, I've done the transcontinental flights twice already two times with a month and have another one scheduled in two days. The same movies that were playing when I started this run (July 19th) are still playing now. Anyone know when they change the movies next. I'm hoping it's on the 15th as my initial guess that they would change on the 1st has come and gone!

Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:54 pm

It's quarterly I believe. So January 1st, April 1st, July 1st and September 1st. Same goes with the food offerings.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Mike!

Guess I've not been paying that much attention to thinks with my trips. Head has been too focuses on getting work done most recently but now I just thought about the movies for some reason as I just got back from PHL a week ago and finished the movies I wasn't able to complete on last trip. LOL
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I've been flying twice a week for the last 3 weeks and on my flight yesterday the movies had been updated. Not sure if it was just a test run, as Aug 11 does seem like a random update.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

I'm also able to confirm that a few new movies where peppered in with the others I recall being available on other flight recently. Had enough time to almost complete two movies before arriving at DCA yesterday.

Yeah! Maybe more will be added as I leave in two weeks!
Old Sep 7, 2012, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Okay, I tend not to care about the movies that much on my VX flights that much as I often fly to/from destination at a frequency I'm able to see the ones I really want to see.

However, as luck may be of mine, I've done the transcontinental flights twice already two times with a month and have another one scheduled in two days. The same movies that were playing when I started this run (July 19th) are still playing now. Anyone know when they change the movies next. I'm hoping it's on the 15th as my initial guess that they would change on the 1st has come and gone!

Thanks.
short answer is not soon enough
Old Sep 7, 2012, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by manhattanboy
Agreed! I left DCA this past Sunday and there was no change to the movie selection 2+ weeks later after I arrived there. And here it is now just a mere week later and I will be repeating my trip to the DC area and I suspect there will be the same movies again!

Oh well, time for me go load the iDevices up with movies and music so that I'm ready for my flights in both directions as I've watched the movies I have an interest in viewing already if they are the same as they were last Sunday when I depart next Tuesday!

Oh joy! LOL
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by manhattanboy
You know, turns out this answer still holds true!

I have travel plans for Tuesday and thought to take a peak at the entertainment list. Well, to my surprise, it hasn't changed since September! And even then some of the movies play then were the same ones playing since July!

Guess this time on the transcon flights, I will be relying on iDevices once again as my main source of entertainments.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:36 am

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
You know, turns out this answer still holds true!

I have travel plans for Tuesday and thought to take a peak at the entertainment list. Well, to my surprise, it hasn't changed since September! And even then some of the movies play then were the same ones playing since July!

Guess this time on the transcon flights, I will be relying on iDevices once again as my main source of entertainments.
Not something to complain about...

The movies were updated based on my flight today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.