Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Gilt City deal is back... but at much higher prices.

Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

http://www.giltcity.com/national/virginamericafour

Main Cabin Select packs on sale.
Great if you know you'll need some short notice flights...

Otherwise at these prices it seems like it makes much more sense to buy cheap and pay upgrade costs.

2 pack:
Short $594
Medium $1146
Long $1942

4 pack:
Short $1134
Medium $2172
Long $3710
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
For short haul, looking at a weekend trip to from SFO to SEA (which my wife and I have been wanting to do to visit friends) economy priced out at $559 round trip for 2. I'd say paying an additional $17 per person to upgrade to main cabin select is a pretty good deal.

However we could also book SJC-SEA (we live in San Jose) on the same dates with Alaska for $359 total round trip for 2. So compared to alternative airlines, an extra $117 per person isn't worth it for a 2 hour flight in main cabin select.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:31 am

wow, those prices are greater than what i pay for fully refundable transcons in MCS less than one week out. what's the point?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I'd be very wary of doing business with Gilt or any of their affiliated companies given the recent reports of deceptive practices.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I'd be very wary of doing business with Gilt or any of their affiliated companies given the recent reports of deceptive practices.
They are a partner of VX and have done a fantastic similar sale in the past, but at nearly 1/2 the price.

Still this could have some value to someone, but for the most part this is too pricey for what it is.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:54 pm

Anyone know if there is a place to re-sell these Virgin America vouchers? I purchased the "Long haul" 5-pack in September, and only have used one of the flights.

I dont think Ebay allows for airline vouchers to be sold.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by butterball
Anyone know if there is a place to re-sell these Virgin America vouchers? I purchased the "Long haul" 5-pack in September, and only have used one of the flights.

You can check the Craigslist of the cities that Virgin America flies.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 2P, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by grt2106
You can check the Craigslist of the cities that Virgin America flies.
Yeah, I've purchased some off CL in the past.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Hmm

Originally Posted by crabbing
wow, those prices are greater than what i pay for fully refundable transcons in MCS less than one week out. what's the point?
hmm, that doesn't really seem right. transcons in MCS seem to be about 600-900$ a LEG say SFO to IAD or SFO to FLL.

am I missing something?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I got these last time around... note to upgrade to F you have to pay the same price as Y, not MCS. Or at least that's how it was on my SFO-CUN flight.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFOPeter
I got these last time around... note to upgrade to F you have to pay the same price as Y, not MCS. Or at least that's how it was on my SFO-CUN flight.
at the current prices, you may be better just buying F in the first place. :P
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by butterball

New here but I would possibly be interested in purchasing 2 long haul flights. Would you be able to PM me the details on this? I have a paypal account for the transaction. Thank you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.