FC preferences: Row 1 or 2

Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
FC preferences: Row 1 or 2

Just curious others think about which row in FC is better.

I recall a few years about being in row 1 from SFO-DUL and it great. The airline was new then... Now I'm preparing to book FC and heading to CUN from SFO. Some of the reviews online state that row 1 isn't that great since the leg extension rests against the bulkhead... Hmmm... I don't recall that... But still I wanted to see what others think as Row 2 is still available at this time...

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Just curious others think about which row in FC is better.

I recall a few years about being in row 1 from SFO-DUL and it great. The airline was new then... Now I'm preparing to book FC and heading to CUN from SFO. Some of the reviews online state that row 1 isn't that great since the leg extension rests against the bulkhead... Hmmm... I don't recall that... But still I wanted to see what others think as Row 2 is still available at this time...

Thanks
It doesn't rest against the bulkhead, but there is less legroom in row 1. I always book row 2, but in the rare case when only row 1 is available, it's not that much difference that most people would notice.

Also, neither row has any under-seat stowage.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:51 am

My preference is row-2. To me, it is roomier than row-1. The only negative is you may not get first choice of meals, however, they have never ran out of any meal I've picked although I have ran them out of my alcohol choice twice.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:14 pm

I wish I had the choice of either.... : P

MCS is about as good as I've ever gotten- and boy to me is that quite the luxury.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Thanks... Think this time around I will go for row 2...

Did MCS exit row to/from Cabos in Oct/Nov from SFO and it was a good score for sure... This time we're off to CUN. Just wished they'd offer non-stop service everyday....
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:01 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Row 2
Old Mar 9, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA GLD, ICHG PLT AMB, Marriott PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by canddmeyer
My preference is row-2. To me, it is roomier than row-1. The only negative is you may not get first choice of meals, however, they have never ran out of any meal I've picked although I have ran them out of my alcohol choice twice.
Row 2 is roomier unless the passenger in front of you in row 1 reclines significantly. If you're in Row 2 in a window seat for a red-eye, and the passengers in front of and next to you are both fully reclined, you will have a tough time getting to the aisle without gymnastics, disturbing one of them, or both.

My personal preference is Row 2 aisle for daytime flights, Row 1 window for red-eyes. That way I can get at least some undisturbed sleep, but can still make it to the aisle/lavatory even if the passenger next to me is fully reclined in 1C/D.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.