Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

which regular coach seats get to board first?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

I have no experience with VX. Is it safe to assume that window seats in the very rear of the plane are boarded first? (after first class, babies, MCS, etc)

just booked a redeye out of SFO and currently the seat map is showing more than 90% empty seats.

thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by MissyH

I have no experience with VX. Is it safe to assume that window seats in the very rear of the plane are boarded first? (after first class, babies, MCS, etc)

just booked a redeye out of SFO and currently the seat map is showing more than 90% empty seats.

thanks!
i believe that they board from the back and then to the front. i don't think it matters window, aisle, etc. but what does matter is your row.

you will be assigned a letter on your boarding pass of A, B, C, ...F.

and they board A first, then A, B and then A, B, C, etc.

this is after first class, main cabin select, and voluntary gate bag check. yes, if you check in your bag at the gate, they will let you board first (although IMO, the whole point of boarding first is to make sure you get can overhead bin space for your now-nonexistent-bag since you checked it in).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.