Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does VA do mileage with another airline

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
Does VA do mileage with another airline

I think I will fly this mob in March as they are cheap cheap cheap and no one else is. There seems to be no other airline they work with on mileage - I thought CO did at one point. Do they really only have Virgin Atlantic and Oz as partners? Talk about being locked into one airline. I guess the changing LEDs are meant to make up for it. I sure hope so. So nothing doing with UA/AA/AS/DL/anyone normal?? Tks for advice which will no doubt confirm it. What do I do with 500 miles from LA to SFO - assuming I do get 500 miles cos I am not starting on a million miler earning program on yet another airline that is for sure.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Answer is no. The VS and VA relationships aren't even complete in that I don't believe you can redeem Elevate miles for their seats. The Virgin America FF program is more or less worthless. Fly VX for the great inflight product, but resign yourself to getting zero miles of any practical use.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
Thanks!

Originally Posted by BearX220
Answer is no. The VS and VA relationships aren't even complete in that I don't believe you can redeem Elevate miles for their seats. The Virgin America FF program is more or less worthless. Fly VX for the great inflight product, but resign yourself to getting zero miles of any practical use.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
VX FF program is worth something, if you are based in SFO or LAX and would like to attain status on VS. VX flights between SFO and LAX earn tier points on VS (and not much else) so that is something you can tap into if you have VS FC and would like to achieve status on the VS program on a budget.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by tonywestsider
VX FF program is worth something, if you are based in SFO or LAX and would like to attain status on VS. VX flights between SFO and LAX earn tier points on VS (and not much else) so that is something you can tap into if you have VS FC and would like to achieve status on the VS program on a budget.
If you are based in one of two American cities, only fly regularly to about ten other US cities, and never venture overseas or care to redeem overseas travel awards, Elevate might be worth something if you don't care about the stiff expiry rules. Worthless to others, which is to say nearly everybody.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by UAAAPeter
I think I will fly this mob in March as they are cheap cheap cheap and no one else is. There seems to be no other airline they work with on mileage - I thought CO did at one point. Do they really only have Virgin Atlantic and Oz as partners? Talk about being locked into one airline. I guess the changing LEDs are meant to make up for it. I sure hope so. So nothing doing with UA/AA/AS/DL/anyone normal?? Tks for advice which will no doubt confirm it. What do I do with 500 miles from LA to SFO - assuming I do get 500 miles cos I am not starting on a million miler earning program on yet another airline that is for sure.
See; that is why VX refuses to have an elite program! Last thing you want is more gate lice like this swarming the gate.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by BearX220
Elevate might be worth something if you don't care about the stiff expiry rules. Worthless to others, which is to say nearly everybody.
Not terribly stiff. You can buy the cheapest item through their Red Store and extend your points for another year and a half.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.