Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Food on West Coast flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Question Food on West Coast flights?

Hey VX fans.... I'm considering trying Virgin America for the first time in F, SEA-SFO-SAN (one way). I'm also looking at Alaska Airlines for the same route. Both prices are about the same, Alaska having non-stop flights, of course, but rather bland F class seats.....

My question is, is VA still up to where it was back when they started flying? Do they still serve food on the short west-coast flights? I don't mind a stop in SFO, as I enjoy hanging around an airport for a few hours, plus visiting The Club would be fun (loved it in JFK before an SQ flight).

Any recent updates on service would be appreciated.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:41 pm

VX in SFO moved to T2 which is rather nice. Lots of good pay-for food options and free wifi but no VX lounge in T2. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...os-new-t2.html
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Red face

Originally Posted by freecia
VX in SFO moved to T2 which is rather nice. Lots of good pay-for food options and free wifi but no VX lounge in T2. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...os-new-t2.html
Thanks for the heads up! Saw that about the T2 move.... I was going to pay the little fee to visit The Club in the Int'l Lounge.... I could use the walk/exercise! Is there a way to go back and forth between T2 and the International Terminal without going outside security?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Paella747
Thanks for the heads up! Saw that about the T2 move.... I was going to pay the little fee to visit The Club in the Int'l Lounge.... I could use the walk/exercise! Is there a way to go back and forth between T2 and the International Terminal without going outside security?
Actually, the VS lounge is landside, so you only have one security check - when you go to T2.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
What's to consider here it's VX all the way baby!

VX - better seats
VX - Real IFE for entertainment
VX - better food (if it's available) not sure what is getting food nowadays

Yea you have a SFO stop-over but for me that means 2X for takeoff's Yiippeee!

Now go Fly
Old Jun 24, 2011, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JHIN
What's to consider here it's VX all the way baby!

VX - better seats
VX - Real IFE for entertainment
VX - better food (if it's available) not sure what is getting food nowadays

Yea you have a SFO stop-over but for me that means 2X for takeoff's Yiippeee!

Now go Fly
Thank you for that enthusiastic response! ^ Guess I should give it a try, eh?

One thing.... Alaska does have a full meal at the time i'd like to go, as the flight is 2:30 and non-stop, but I agree that you can't beat the VX seats and entertainment!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Paella747
Thank you for that enthusiastic response! ^ Guess I should give it a try, eh?

One thing.... Alaska does have a full meal at the time i'd like to go, as the flight is 2:30 and non-stop, but I agree that you can't beat the VX seats and entertainment!
Also the regular F fare on AS is refundable. VX has a couple of F fares, the lower one is not.

The one time I flew VX SFO/SEA I was in MCS (a few months ago) and could see that the F snack wasn't particularly abundant, although I couldn't see real specifics (fruit/cheese perhaps).
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Can anyone clarify if on these shorter flights VA only sells packaged snacks? I'm flying LAX-SFO next week.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
Can anyone clarify if on these shorter flights VA only sells packaged snacks? I'm flying LAX-SFO next week.
The snack boxes are on the shorter flights.

They only provision the fresh stuff on the transcons and longer flights.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by flyingcat
The snack boxes are on the shorter flights.

They only provision the fresh stuff on the transcons and longer flights.
Actually, I just flew LAX-SFO in F and in addition to the packaged snacks, VX provided a small plate consisting of fruit, cheese, pita bread, hummus, and marble cheesecake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.