Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Vanguard Airlines Vantage Points
Sign in using an external account

Old Aug 29, 00, 6:24 pm   #1
dg1

Vanguard to fly PIT-LGA, MCI-LGA

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/000829/mo_vanguar.html

Quote:
KANSAS CITY, Mo., Aug. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Vanguard Airlines, Inc. (Nasdaq: VNGD - news) announced today the addition of two new nonstop routes from Kansas City International Airport beginning October 1, 2000. The Company will introduce new twice-daily nonstop service from Kansas City to New York's LaGuardia Airport, pending final airport approval, as well as one daily nonstop flight between Pittsburgh and Kansas City.
Vanguard used to fly PIT-JFK -- that was my first flight on them. I understood they pulled out because they couldn't afford the fees JFK collected. I wonder if LGA is cheaper. Oh well, good news for PIT -- a second cheap option to LGA other than US.
Old Aug 29, 00, 9:16 pm   #2
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Silver
Where did you see the PIT-LGA? I could only find mention in the PR Newswire piece of PIT-MCI, and MCI-LGA.
Old Aug 29, 00, 9:51 pm   #3
dg1

Ooops. I read it incorrectly. Of course I can't go back in and edit the title. My apologies for the mistake.

No wonder I couldn't find the route app for PIT-LGA in the DMS web http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif