Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Else Collect State Capitols?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Anyone Else Collect State Capitols?

It's a hobby of mine. I've been to 17 so far. For me, "been to" means you have to go to the capitol building. You don't have to go inside but a specific stop at the capitol has to me made, you can't just be in the capital.

Anyone else doing similarly?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:46 am

I'm starting to. Now that I've been to almost every state, it occurred to me that I haven't been to the capital of many of them. I think I'm at 15 or 16. I've been making a point the last few years to actually stop and see the capital buildings. Some are very different. Iowa's is unexpectedly huge, Nebraska's is tall, Oregon's is just odd, and my home state of South Carolina's is just beautiful. I've been all through the inside of that one and I suggest it to everyone.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:59 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I have found the buildings too bulky to actually "collect".

However, I do try to get to each building (missed touring two) and tour when I am in that city. Never kept track of the ones I have visited... will have to do that.

OK.... quick run through... 25 for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.