Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

Racial profiling on most airlines in the US?

Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Once in a while, the passenger sitting next to me is Asian. Commonly, the flight attendant serving drinks will ask if the passenger wants ice. It doesn't seem to matter the age of the passenger or if they have a foreign accent. Sometimes, it appears the passenger is a native born American.

Is this racial profiling? Or should airlines be politically correct and ask all passengers if they want ice?

Should a lawyer start a class action lawsuit and ask for legal fees along with a coupon of 2 cents to some passengers? Don't laugh, I got a check for 2 cents but kept it too long as a joke that it expired.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold

Start a class action suit against me then cause only part of the time I ask people how their doing. I must be naturally profiling
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
This has to be right up there as among the most absurd threads ever started on FT!
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Flyerwalk2
Once in a while, the passenger sitting next to me is Asian. Commonly, the flight attendant serving drinks will ask if the passenger wants ice. It doesn't seem to matter the age of the passenger or if they have a foreign accent. Sometimes, it appears the passenger is a native born American.

Is this racial profiling? Or should airlines be politically correct and ask all passengers if they want ice?

Should a lawyer start a class action lawsuit and ask for legal fees along with a coupon of 2 cents to some passengers? Don't laugh, I got a check for 2 cents but kept it too long as a joke that it expired.
I'm white and have been asked this many times.

I don't think you understand how lawsuits work, or what unlawful racial profiling is. One must suffer harm to bring a lawsuit based on racial profiling. Being offered a drink sans ice is not a harm, and violates no law.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

A not so funny joke thread meant to incite outrage. How quaint.

Back to your schoolbooks, OP.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Stupid

Assume the OP had been drinking extensively to post this. Hick.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:22 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
To twist a Latin phrase common in the law, de minimus non curat FlyerTalk. Thread closed, Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.