Wiki Posts
Search

Best parking near PHL?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2007, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Best parking near PHL?

I've always tried to park in the official "ecomony parking" lot at PHL for $9/day. But there are drawbacks. Sometimes it's full, so I wind up stuck in the "long term" garage at $17/day. Even if there is space in the "economy parking" lot, it sometimes takes forever to get to the terminal because the shuttles fill up too fast and skip past waiting passengers.

I'm completely unfamiliar with the other privately-owned lots in the surrounding area. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I am a fan of preflight parking (near the Hilton). 10 bux a day, frequent nice shuttles, polite drivers who help with bags.

http://www.preflightparking.com/Home.aspx

If price is #1, the Ramada is like $7.95 a day with a coupon off their website. But they have crappy vans that are infrequent.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 4:18 pm

Programs: USair Dividend miles, AAdvantage Miles, Budget Fastbreak, Choice rewards
Central Air Park

There are a number of parking lots that line on Essington Avenue near PHL.

I usually park at Central Air Park for $8.00 a day, but there is another lot acrosss the street ( the name escapes me) that charges $6.95 a day, and they say that they honor all competitiors coupons.

Here is the website for Central Air Park though:

http://www.centralairpark.com/
Old Oct 29, 2007, 4:38 pm

While I haven't used them myself in a while, my family always uses Pacifico when they park long term at PHL. They'll drive you in your car to the Terminal (you have to stop at their office on Essington Ave to pick up a driver, you don't just leave your car in front of PHL with your hazards on ), then when you arrive they drive your car to the terminal and you drive away! I think they'll also do basic service and wash your car. We have had nothing but great luck with them.

http://www.pacificovalet.com/
Old Oct 29, 2007, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gardener
I am a fan of preflight parking (near the Hilton). 10 bux a day, frequent nice shuttles, polite drivers who help with bags.

http://www.preflightparking.com/Home.aspx

If price is #1, the Ramada is like $7.95 a day with a coupon off their website. But they have crappy vans that are infrequent.
I'll add my vote for Preflight. I've parked there about 6 times in the past 2 months and the vans were all relatively new. Before it became Preflight the lot was run by Ampco, and it was heading downhill fast. Preflight appears to be trying to right the ship and I've been happy with them since the changes started. I also like the option of parking indoors, especially in winter. I haven't use the "economy" lot in years. It certainly isn't any more "economical" than Preflight, and the service (if you could call it that) is non-existent.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
http://www.preflightparking.com/PHL.aspx

With the coupon from the website:

$7.95 per day outdoor parking

10.95 per day indoor parking
Old Oct 29, 2007, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's nice to hear the good reports about Preflight in PHL. I've used them several times in the past at BWI and have thought them to be well above average. Previously, there really wasn't a "better" PHL airport lot experience -- at least not a better experience at a price I'd be willing to pay.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 7:15 pm

Though I moved away from PHL in May, I always had good luck with Colonial.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhillyInvestor
Though I moved away from PHL in May, I always had good luck with Colonial.
From my experience, Colonial represented a decent value, but the pick-up speed was less than ideal (and somewhat worse than others).
Old Oct 30, 2007, 5:49 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
I never had anything but bad luck with Colonial. (discourteous drivers who usually didn't help with bags, long time to pick up)

Now I use Wally Park. ^ They are close to the airport, have drivers who help with bags, and you get a bottle of water when you leave. Look on their web site for coupons and to join their frequent parking club for a 15% discount.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 6:46 am

Programs: US Gold, UA Silver
I agree with the Preflight comments. They also offer a AAA discount. The buses are very reliable. Have not waited more than 10 minutes (unlike some others--Kinney!) If you are coming from the north, the location is great. Maybe a better lot if you are coming from Chester and south.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by honeytoes
I never had anything but bad luck with Colonial. (discourteous drivers who usually didn't help with bags, long time to pick up)
Hey, I liked the waits and the surliness and the do-it-yourself bag loading. It saved me a ton on tips!
Old Oct 30, 2007, 8:59 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
I thought this thread was referring to the penalty box on the PHL tarmac....
Old Oct 30, 2007, 9:21 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I'll throw a recommendation in for Priority Parking, although they are down Rt. 291 about 2 miles from the airport (across from McDonalds). It's a good location if you live South of the airport and approach/depart in the direction of I-95 South.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 1:00 pm

Throwing in my vote for Central Air Park
I think they are fairly new. I used to use Central Parking for my monthly parking in Center City, and when Central Air Park opened they sent me a day free. Only used them once, but it was smooth, quick, and secure.

http://www.centralairpark.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.