Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free FICO score via Barclays (US MC version)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Free FICO score via Barclays (US MC version)

Go figure. It's not a hard pull -- Barclays is simply sharing the most recent information provided to them by TransUnion. The reason I am posting this here is that it seems that we -- USAirways Barclays MasterCard holders -- don't see this when we log-in however it is we usually log-in.

Instead, we need to use this link.

By the way, I saw this on a few of the "points blogs" and then went through comments to learn why I wasn't seeing it through normal Barclays activity. I don't want people to think that wittingly or not I am sending folks to a bogus landing page. Google around and check these blogs for yourself it you want to be sure that this is for real.

Whoops -- didn't look closely enough at link. There was a referral ID on it, as per comment by SFOPhD (below #13, if my links are no longer trustworthy). I think it is gone now.

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Nov 15, 2013 at 12:08 pm Reason: Be clear about a few things ...
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: US: Silver, HHonors
Interesting little perk, I like it. Thanks for sharing.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hhonors Silver, Aadvantage Platinum
Very valuable. Thank you very much.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Go figure. It's not a hard pull -- Barclays is simply sharing the most recent information provided to them by TransUnion. The reason I am posting this here is that it seems that we -- USAirways Barclays MasterCard holders -- don't see this when we log-in however it is we usually log-in.

Instead, we need to use this link.

By the way, I saw this on a few of the "points blogs" and then went through comments to learn why I wasn't seeing it through normal Barclays activity. I don't want people to think that wittingly or not I am sending folks to a bogus landing page. Google around and check these blogs for yourself it you want to be sure that this is for real.
Wow, it's even a real FICO! Thanks much!

ETA: Weirdly, I can't seem to get to that page without the link, even though I can clearly see that it's supposed to be under Tools and Education.

Last edited by PHLisa; Nov 6, 2013 at 5:13 pm
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
great find, much appreciated!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Gold
Very nice, thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Used this...fantastic find!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Thanks, Biggie Fries. ^

One word of caution: this FICO score (based on Trans Union data) might not be the Trans Union-based FICO score your lender gets or uses. I recently applied for a credit-line increase from two credit card companies within a day of each other. They both sent me a letter telling me that they got my credit data from Trans Union -- and the two FICO scores differed by 58 points.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
Thank you very much!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:01 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Thanks OP! Interestingly enough mine corresponded to my Credit Karma score.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Thanks biggie!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, American Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Awesome, thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Here is another link (from a different FT thread):
https://www.barclaycardus.com/servic...ction=%2Fscore

The one on the OP has a referral ID on it that I don't recognize. I'm sure the OP did not intend to sneak anything by us, but I'm providing this one in case people would feel more comfortable.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Here is another link (from a different FT thread):
https://www.barclaycardus.com/servic...ction=%2Fscore

The one on the OP has a referral ID on it that I don't recognize. I'm sure the OP did not intend to sneak anything by us, but I'm providing this one in case people would feel more comfortable.
Huh. Thanks. Didn't know that (referral ID). Had been using it (link) myself. Just grabbed it from one of those travel bloggers pages. Don't remember which -- I was googling around quickly to figure out why the info wasn't showing up when I logged in to my Barclays US MC account my normal way, and then to convince myself that it (this special link) wasn't some phishing operation. But, yeah, sorry; I have edited it above...

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Nov 15, 2013 at 12:06 pm
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
If it is any comfort, I have used it and it is legit. Of course, none of you know me anyway and may not take my word. But seriously, it is legit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.