Search

Targeted: 3X PQM offer (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:06 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Targeted: 3X PQM offer (merged threads)

http://heelsfirsttravel.boardingarea...ays-pqm-offer/

Anybody gotten this yet? I'm gonna be really annoyed if I didn't get targeted.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by LM225

I'm seriously going to be furious if this only goes to people who aren't flying significant miles this year. Work travel schedule has scaled back in the latter part of the year and though Plat is in the bag, could use a good PQM promotion to make sure I at least make it to the 85k special dividend. Instead I'd get to watch my upgrade percentage drop through the floor as people start picking up 15k miles for every transcon round trip. Nice way to reward your frequent fliers.

Of course I booked a personal transcon yesterday afternoon for the holidays so still have half a day to cancel and rebook if it were to pop up, but somehow I don't see that happening.

Edit: as I'm typing this, I see an email from Dividend Miles...subject starts with "Limited time only - Triple your..."

Triple your miles and save 30% at Lands' End. Stupid DM storefront.

Last edited by gruss; Sep 27, 2013 at 9:22 am
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:22 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gruss
I'm seriously going to be furious if this only goes to people who aren't flying significant miles this year.
It's absurd. Many of us have been waiting to book, as last year's PQM promo went out at this time. If this is the promo for 2013, I see it as a huge snub to those of us who actually spend money with US.

Originally Posted by gruss
Edit: as I'm typing this, I see an email from Dividend Miles...subject starts with "Limited time only - Triple your..."

Triple your miles and save 30% at Lands' End. Stupid DM storefront.
Got the same thing. Salt on the wound.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: US GP, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, HHonors Gold, Avis First, Enterprise Plat
i never get targeted for these. Only the stupid buy/gift miles ones which i never go for. sucks...
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: US CP
Hoping I get the 3X too but not counting on it since I haven't seen it yet.

We can't be that mad at US for encouraging people to fly who aren't can we? I'm flying the 100,000 either way. If I get the 3X then I fly 1-2 trips fewer with them this year.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
I hope I get targeted. My flying on US metal is down significantly from last year so hopefully they notice and want me back.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by Heels05

We can't be that mad at US for encouraging people to fly who aren't can we? I'm flying the 100,000 either way. If I get the 3X then I fly 1-2 trips fewer with them this year.
I know it's in their best interest to estimate who's going to fly with them anyway and focus on encouraging the others to fly too, but as someone who is likely to fall in the 85-90k range by the end of the year it sucks to watch this show up and most likely not be able to get in on it.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: US Platinum
Originally Posted by LM225

What time did this email come out? ^
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: US, HH
Yep, "Triple miles..." email but sadly the DM Storefront one.

I can see that they target 3PQM. If they give it to all and sundry, all it will take is a TATL roundtrip for somebody to get to the next level, which will likely bloat the elite ranks considerably. An entire flight could end up being elite, imagine that.

One can only hope they target carefully. That said, I wish they'd at least give a 2PQM like last year for everybody else, even if it is limited by the MC requirement etc. Or target those that might make the next level from an already existing level with a 2PQM. I know I probably won't make the next level without a little help or a MR, but with a promo I can make it to Plat.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by Heels05

I don't think it would hurt to send this out to everyone. Most of us are hoping to reach a certain level of status so this gives more incentive to push towards that. I would assume people who would fly less because of this promotion are few and far between.

This really ticks me off that this was sent to low level fliers. Take care of the loyal customers!
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
I understand the annoyance, but if it increases revenue from those flying less while those of us who were going to fly them anyway largely continue to do so, it's probably a net win for them.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Targeted: 3X PQM offer

I've got it. I am gold with US but flown only one transcon this year. I'm switching to UA.
Now after this offer I will fly US for the rest of the year to get Chairmans in 3 easy trips, so early on next year I will match with UA
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by phlwookie
I understand the annoyance, but if it increases revenue from those flying less while those of us who were going to fly them anyway largely continue to do so, it's probably a net win for them.
Getting this promo (or even 2PQM) would be an incentive for me (and probably quite a few others) to fly another couple trips to get to the next status level. Without it, it's probably not going to happen, so missed opportunity for revenue there. As it is, US fares have been higher than competing flights on UA for me, but with this promo, I may even be willing to pay the higher US fare to get the 3PQMs.

Originally Posted by bwiadca
I've got it. I am gold with US but flown only one transcon this year. I'm switching to UA.
Now after this offer I will fly US for the rest of the year to get Chairmans in 3 easy trips, so early on next year I will match with UA
That's kind of my sentiments too. The higher my status by year-end, the better my options for jumping ship if needed, be it because of the merger or the higher fares I've been seeing.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
For those of us who haven't received it, do people on here think it'd be worthwhile to send an e-mail to the Preferred Desk (for those of us that are Preferred) asking if we can be included in the promo? Anyone ever do this in the past with targeted promos?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
For those of us who haven't received it, do people on here think it'd be worthwhile to send an e-mail to the Preferred Desk (for those of us that are Preferred) asking if we can be included in the promo? Anyone ever do this in the past with targeted promos?
I would certainly be willing to try however I'm fairly certain we would not like the response back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.