Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Mastercard - New 2,500 bonus miles offer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
US Airways Mastercard - New 2,500 bonus miles offer

I just received an email about another US Airways Mastercard bonus miles promotion, this time on different types of purchases. This promo may be targeted, and the details mentioned that there's a also a card being sent out in the mail.

The details:

Use your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard January 1 through March 31, 2013 and earn 5 bonus miles for every $1 you spend—up to 2,500 bonus miles—on purchases and payments you already make today in the following categories¹:

• Grocery stores
• Movie theaters
• Utility bills (phone/cable & satellite TV/standard utilities)
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat Hyatt Globalist Marriott Platinum
Just received this as well except mine is for 10 miles per dollar with the same 2,500 cap. Nice little bonus, especially since I'll actually be using the card anyway in January.

As a data point my card has been in my drawer since July when I got through the $25k spend for the 10kPQM with the exception of a couple bookings for the DPQM promo.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:53 pm

I got the 2500 point deal today too. 5 extra points per 1 spent.

Its small.. but 2500 points is 2500 extra points. I'll spend the 500 on the card.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:23 pm

Got the same offer only my bonus was for 5k..........sounds good to me
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:25 pm

I got 2 miles per $
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
I also got 2mi/$. But I also have close to 20K spend this year, so....
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
I got a 5 points per mile offer for my lightly used Barclay's Choice Hotel Visa.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I never seem to get any of these emails. Do you need to sign up for emails? I am a card holder.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA exp(6mm), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I got the 2x offer. I was surprised to get any offer as I put over 25k, mostly in the 4th quarter of 2012. I'll take it. Though I will still use my ink bold for Internet etc cause its 5x.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
I never seem to get any of these emails. Do you need to sign up for emails? I am a card holder.
I don't get these emails either. Where can one sign up to receive notification of such offers or is this targeted?

Thank you!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:28 pm

I have 22.5k spend this year... maybe folks that are at the higher spend levels get the emails? I do wish I could do up to 5k bonus miles. That would be AWESOME. My Freedom card lets me do 5x on the first $1500 each quarter.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:21 pm

Programs: US - Gold Preferred, leisuring and MRing for status :-)
Got the same promotion today -- 5 miles per $1. I usually put all of my spending on my BofA card since it has the lowest interest rate of my four US CCs, unless there is a DQPM promo or I'm using a $99 companion cert. Wonder if this is a sign I should change my primary card? I occasionally get mileage promos with my BofA card, but it's typically 3x and not 5x miles. Strange that I only got this promotion on one of my Barclays cards, the one I use the least with the highest interest rate!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Same here.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Not certain, but there may be some place on the website where you can choose to receive advertising from the CC company. If you've opted-out, that may mean they won't send you invites to promotions like this either.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by wfdude
Got the same promotion today -- 5 miles per $1. I usually put all of my spending on my BofA card since it has the lowest interest rate of my four US CCs, unless there is a DQPM promo or I'm using a $99 companion cert. Wonder if this is a sign I should change my primary card? I occasionally get mileage promos with my BofA card, but it's typically 3x and not 5x miles. Strange that I only got this promotion on one of my Barclays cards, the one I use the least with the highest interest rate!
It might be best to work on completely paying off the cards' balances, starting with the one with the highest interest rates. It's possible you could outright buy miles cheaper with the money you'd save on interest, rather than chasing the promos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.