Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Double PQM Time! (Book by 10/31 for flights thru 12/31, using US MasterCard)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double PQM Time! (Book by 10/31 for flights thru 12/31, using US MasterCard)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat
So I just need to be registered, then book the trip on usairways.com with my US MC, and sit back and fly, right?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by higgies
So I just need to be registered, then book the trip on usairways.com with my US MC, and sit back and fly, right?
correct
Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
This may have been asked but if you book a flight that is towards the end of December but the miles don't post to your account until the new year do they back date the miles to 2012?

Also, if you book a RT flight that leaves before 12/31 but returns after 12/31 would only one of those flights count for the 2xPQM?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
This may have been asked but if you book a flight that is towards the end of December but the miles don't post to your account until the new year do they back date the miles to 2012?
I did ask US Airways about this specifically and they said it will count towards 2012 even if the bonus miles don't post until January/February.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
I'm just worried about the "book on USAirways.com" part. I have to book through our company's travel portal, but I think the other end of that is just an attendant booking through USAirways.com for me.... I've never missed other promos that require booking through USAirways.com while going this route, so I hope I don't this time either.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by oldsmoboi
I'm just worried about the "book on USAirways.com" part. I have to book through our company's travel portal, but I think the other end of that is just an attendant booking through USAirways.com for me.... I've never missed other promos that require booking through USAirways.com while going this route, so I hope I don't this time either.
+1 as I'm in the exact same boat. I have a flight on Monday so hopefully I'll know by mid-week.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Also, if you book a RT flight that leaves before 12/31 but returns after 12/31 would only one of those flights count for the 2xPQM?
AFAIK, only the 12/31 flight would get the DEQM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by milophile
I just completed a roundtrip BWI-PHL-SJU-PHL-BWI in First and received the DPQM for the flight. However, it did not double the COS bonus. Has anyone had a similar experience?
As far as I know, the double miles are only on the base miles, not class of service or preferred bonuses.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
How about this situation...

Companion ticket booked with US MC. Both travelers are registered for the DPQM promo. Normally these flights earn PQMs b/c you're still paying $100+ for the companion ticket. I recall they have to be booked over the phone.

So, will both or either traveler get the DPQM?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by PittDoc
...So, will both or either traveler get the DPQM?
Unfortunately, no (according to the US response in this post)
Old Sep 30, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: US Airways Plat; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
correct
I am a bit confused whether the tickets need to be purchased on usairways.com or just using the Mastercard (Like through a corporate travel agent). Any help would be appreciated.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, National Executive, Marriott Gold, US SP, Avis PS
Only USAirways.com counts. I emailed the service center to ask and they confirmed this was the case.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:00 pm

What if you move up your flight? Will you still receive DPQM assuming you met all the qualifications prior to changing one of your segments the day of at the gate.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Bonus miles for my outbound flight two weeks gao posted four days later. From my return flight it's been a week and the bonus miles still haven't posted...

What is the average lead time for these miles to post?

EDIT: Never mind, it posted today

Last edited by thomwithanh; Oct 2, 2012 at 6:14 am
Old Oct 2, 2012, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
This may be a dumb question, but does the elite bonus get the 2x bonus as well, or just the base miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.