Wiki Posts
Search

Hoping to get feedback about US Airways Business Perks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2012, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Hoping to get feedback about US Airways Business Perks

Hello and happy 4th of July boys and girls.

Wanted to get some feedback from the FT and business community and at the very least, make others aware of a new (as far as I can recall) way to earn US Dividend Rewards Miles.

If you were not aware, US Airways has launched a new Business Rewards Perks, where you can earn miles with local businesses, both big and small. I believe other carriers are doing the same, but it is fairly new for US Airways.

As soon as I saw the program, I thought it was a terrific idea, both as someone who is a US Airways traveler and a business owner. Shortly after, I signed up with US and just got listed as a participating business.

My questions are....

1. Were you aware of this program before?
2. What do you think about businesses participating in the program?
3. Would you be more likely to work with/shop at a business that was offering miles?
4. Under what conditions? Only if you were already considering buying that product or service? Or would you buy solely because of the miles you can earn?

https://www.usairwaysbusinessperks.com/placestoearn/

and the offer I am running for my clients...

http://www.maksfs.com/usairways

Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing feedback on this program and to see if it will be a worthwhile investment.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by maksimfa
Hello and happy 4th of July boys and girls.

Wanted to get some feedback from the FT and business community and at the very least, make others aware of a new (as far as I can recall) way to earn US Dividend Rewards Miles.

If you were not aware, US Airways has launched a new Business Rewards Perks, where you can earn miles with local businesses, both big and small. I believe other carriers are doing the same, but it is fairly new for US Airways.

As soon as I saw the program, I thought it was a terrific idea, both as someone who is a US Airways traveler and a business owner. Shortly after, I signed up with US and just got listed as a participating business.

My questions are....

1. Were you aware of this program before?
2. What do you think about businesses participating in the program?
3. Would you be more likely to work with/shop at a business that was offering miles?
4. Under what conditions? Only if you were already considering buying that product or service? Or would you buy solely because of the miles you can earn?

https://www.usairwaysbusinessperks.com/placestoearn/

and the offer I am running for my clients...

http://www.maksfs.com/usairways

Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing feedback on this program and to see if it will be a worthwhile investment.
As a general rule, if I know i'm going to be spending money on a certain product (office supplies, clothing, dining out, etc.) I will always go to the business that offers me bonus miles for doing so. From my perspective, I have very little to lose, even if the price for shopping at the participating business is slightly higher than the non-participating business.

However, if I have to pay more than 5-10% (depending on product) to get the privilege of the bonus miles, its just not worth it to me. So, I'd tell you that it's worth it, but don't charge a premium b/c of it.

Specifically regarding your program, I think that a more attractive offer would be to narrow the gradient between the the mileage awards tiers. 1k miles per $10k spend is hardly something that i'd consider attractive, all other things equal, if I'm looking to spend the money anyways. Triple that, and now you're talking about a perk.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
My answers:

1. No
2. If there's a way for me to get more miles, I'm all for it
3. Yes
4. For a big purchase, only if the product/service that the business offering miles provided was about the same as the product/service offered by a competitor. Miles would be a tiebreaker between two comparable products/services, but I wouldn't pick a business whose product/service were otherwise inferior just to get the miles.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Thanks guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.