Search

New USAirways Club Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
New USAirways Club Promotion

Just received an e-mail with a new US Club Promo:
Join now or renew, get 2 additional months (14 months) and 2500 PQM.
Valid until April 3 when renewing or joining on-line.

Works for me since my renewal did not fall within the last promotion of 5K PQM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Just received an e-mail with a new US Club Promo:
Join now or renew, get 2 additional months (14 months) and 2500 PQM.
Valid until April 3 when renewing or joining on-line.

Works for me since my renewal did not fall within the last promotion of 5K PQM.
but they're not waiving the $50 fee? or was that only for new members?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
Here's the T&C

Terms & conditions: Offer valid March 28 – April 3, 2012. Offer available to new US Airways Club annual memberships and US Airways Club memberships that are eligible for renewal. Promotion code ‘CLB14’ must be mentioned or entered when enrolling or renewing the membership in the US Airways Club to receive the bonus miles. New club members and club members renewing that use promotion code 'CLB14' will receive a 14 month membership and 2,500 bonus Preferred-qualifying miles. For new club member enrollments, the $50 initiation fee will be waived. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Purchase must be made online. Please allow up to 7 days for processing. All US Airways Club and Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I think last month's deal was better.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Superguy
I think last month's deal was better.
I agree.

And, jeez, this is like death by a thousand cuts. Why do we have to wait around until our renewal dates to see if we happen to luck into the PQMs we want or need? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to plan?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I agree.

And, jeez, this is like death by a thousand cuts. Why do we have to wait around until our renewal dates to see if we happen to luck into the PQMs we want or need? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to plan?
If we got to plan, then we would do what is in OUR best interests, not the best interests of US. I don't renew until end of June. Not sure if this is the best way to go or not.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by chrisphx
If we got to plan, then we would do what is in OUR best interests, not the best interests of US. I don't renew until end of June. Not sure if this is the best way to go or not.
Point taken. I guess I'll roll the dice and assume that whatever forces have prompted two offers already in 2012 will cause another one to appear this summer ....
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Point taken. I guess I'll roll the dice and assume that whatever forces have prompted two offers already in 2012 will cause another one to appear this summer ....
That 'force' is known as trying to make up for the analysts' estimate EPS for the next quarter! Additionally, in preparing for the possibility of a M&A (AMR), LCC needs to beef up its book somewhat and every penny counts! It's a bit desperate, but the Wall Street only has short memory!

Disclosure, I've been swinging LCC (US Airways stock ticker) since it was known as AWE! No, I do not hold stocks in this sector for long term (only three days or less, or a few hours, sometime!)!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
I jumped on it. As I didn't want to get stuck with the 1,000 preferred that seems to be the standard inbetween now. Mine ends in May and I doubt another one will come before then. Better than a sharp stick in the eye, as my dad would say
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Originally Posted by wareagle98
I jumped on it. As I didn't want to get stuck with the 1,000 preferred that seems to be the standard inbetween now. Mine ends in May and I doubt another one will come before then. Better than a sharp stick in the eye, as my dad would say
Last year renewed for a year and got 500 PQM. 14 months and 2500 PQM is a whole lot better and the miles post the next day. Just like the stock market, can't always buy at the lowest and sell at the highest. You got to take your best shot. Something extra is always better than nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.