Holiday Club Sale, 3k EQM, no initiation fee. Targeted?

Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Holiday Club Sale, 3k EQM, no initiation fee. Targeted?

Just got an e-mail to sign up for the USAirways club for $50 off, no fee, and 3k EQM. Not sure if it's targeted. Code is CLB30.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:15 am

Club sale and PQM offer back

Just got an e-mail, Initiation waived, 325 for the year, and 3,000 PQMs. Since I had a low activity year, and was going to be about 1700 miles short to re-up, a club membership for a net of about 75 bucks, plus keeping status works for me.

We'll have to see if it's targeted or not, but couldn't have come at a better time for me!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Seems targeted.

I turned down a renewal offer of a whopping 500 PQM's in October. Haven't received this offer nor the apparent sale offer in September.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I received the same - $300/no fee/3k PQMs
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
I got it, too.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by lkar
Not sure if it's targeted.
I and a bunch of co-workers got it. I used to be a club member, but now get in through my AMEX card.

I suspect it's either not targeted, or there's a big number of people who are in the target list.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Doesn't appear to be targeted. This was at the bottom of the email:

Subscription information: THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. You have received this message because your email address, [email protected], is subscribed to the "News & Offers" email at usairways.com. Manage your subscriptions with your Dividend Miles account number XXXXXXX and password, or unsubscribe from this email. Allow up to five days for your name to be removed.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
not targeted

I also received the email looking it over I do not think it was specifically targeted. Unless of course if you consider that breathing equals targeting then Yes it was targeted.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:23 pm

This answers my question last week how best to approach getting 2350 miles needed to retain silver. I had just updated my email subscriptions to include news and offers and I received the HOLIDAY SALE (act by Friday Nov 18th) for Club membership for $ 325 ...I am pretty sure I will be acting on this:

US Airways Club holiday sale
Save & earn 3,000 Preferred-qualifying miles*

US Airways Club membership gives you access to over 250 Star Alliance lounges worldwide. So anytime and almost anywhere you travel, youll enjoy great club benefits before, after and in between your flight.

And right now, were offering discounted pricing plus 3,000 Preferred-qualifying miles.

Enroll today and we'll waive the $50 initiation fee, and you'll pay only $325

Heres how:

* Enroll online, call 800-828-8522 or stop by any US Airways Club.
* Be sure to provide your Dividend Miles number and promo code CLB30.
* Enroll November 15 - 18, 2011.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold Preferred, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Gold
Just got this deal. Needed the 3,000 PQMs. Any idea how long the membership card takes? Obviously I know it says 4-6 weeks. I just don't know if anyone has experienced any quicker. I have a flight in 3 weeks that will take me to DEN and IAH for layovers and would like to use Star Alliance clubs. I'm not sure what clubs DEN has but I know IAH has all of the Continental clubs. Thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by medskis
This answers my question last week how best to approach getting 2350 miles needed to retain silver. I had just updated my email subscriptions to include news and offers and I received the HOLIDAY SALE (act by Friday Nov 18th) for Club membership for $ 325 ...I am pretty sure I will be acting on this:

US Airways Club holiday sale
Save & earn 3,000 Preferred-qualifying miles*

US Airways Club membership gives you access to over 250 Star Alliance lounges worldwide. So anytime and almost anywhere you travel, youll enjoy great club benefits before, after and in between your flight.

And right now, were offering discounted pricing plus 3,000 Preferred-qualifying miles.

Enroll today and we'll waive the $50 initiation fee, and you'll pay only $325

Heres how:

* Enroll online, call 800-828-8522 or stop by any US Airways Club.
* Be sure to provide your Dividend Miles number and promo code CLB30.
* Enroll November 15 - 18, 2011.

I wonder if this offer isn't targeted by status relative to price? As a CP my price was $300 while it seems others were offered $325. Anyone receive a different price?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dukeman
I wonder if this offer isn't targeted by status relative to price? As a CP my price was $300 while it seems others were offered $325. Anyone receive a different price?
As a CP, I paid $325 this year to renew club membership (in October).
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by dukeman
As a silver, normal price on website is 375 - we're getting a $50 discount. Chairmans normal price is 325 - so they're only giving you 25 off.

Slightly hysterical irony mode - went to sign up on-line, web page was broken, had to call. Of course, it was broken where you enter the billing address info on the credit card - AFTER filling out the whole @#$% form. It's a good thing IT isn't in charge of aircraft maintenance.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
How nice it would have been if the sale had started just a day before..!!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by RMPearl
Just got this deal. Needed the 3,000 PQMs. Any idea how long the membership card takes? Obviously I know it says 4-6 weeks. I just don't know if anyone has experienced any quicker. I have a flight in 3 weeks that will take me to DEN and IAH for layovers and would like to use Star Alliance clubs. I'm not sure what clubs DEN has but I know IAH has all of the Continental clubs. Thanks.
They e-mail you a receipt right after the purchase goes through. In my experience you can use this at United clubs for entrance -- they need the membership number and expiration date which are on the receipt. This worked at PHX, LAX, and SFO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.