Search

Dividend Miles Select: What's "DMS" [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Dividend Miles Select: What's "DMS" [master thread]

My mom had her DM# opened by Barclays and next to the number of miles at the top right corner it says "DMS". Anyone know what that means?

Last edited by aztimm; Jun 19, 2011 at 3:53 pm Reason: chanded thread title
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Dividend Miles Select
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by kudzu
Thanks, is the 5K discount a one time thing or is it as long as you have the CC or as long as you have miles earned thru the card?
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by UA Fan
...is the 5K discount a one time thing or is it as long as you have the CC or as long as you have miles earned thru the card?
The 5k discount happens each time you book award on US metal using the card.

Helpful thread

Last edited by kudzu; Apr 17, 2011 at 9:09 pm Reason: to add link
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
5K discount is only on US metal, not sure if it even applies on the phone. So most of the time it's kind of pointless except:

1. If you snag an Envoy off-peak award. 60K - 5K = 55K round trip in Envoy to Europe or Brazil!

2. When they have occasional MileSavers such as two weeks ago - various short to mid-range domestic routes for weekend trips from PHX, CLT or PHL for 15K - 5K = a weekend out of town for only 10K. Sent a family member PHX-PDX for a 4 day weekend tirp for that. Awesome.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 2:26 pm
gmn

What does DMS mean?

After logging into my US Airways account, I have a DMS after my name and points. What does this mean?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Dividend Miles Select

Last edited by aztimm; Jun 19, 2011 at 3:54 pm Reason: merged thread cleanup
Old Jun 19, 2011, 3:37 pm
gmn

Ok, gotcha. Any word of another Silver trial like last year?

Last edited by aztimm; Jun 19, 2011 at 3:55 pm Reason: merged thread cleanup
Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: US DM Chairman; Marriott Gold
The dsm 5000 mile discount is good as long as you have the card. With a 25k plus spend per year, award booking fees are waived. Had to get a ticket for a friend to go to a funeral 48 hours out. As a chairman dms with the spend it was 20k miles and those two things clear all fees. $10 in taxes for a ticket.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Just got the card.... had the "DMS" moniker beside my name at usairways.com, but now it's disappeared. Just tried to price a few flights with miles, and I'm not getting a 5,000 mile discount either. Anyone else having same issue?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:49 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyastrojets
Just got the card.... had the "DMS" moniker beside my name at usairways.com, but now it's disappeared. Just tried to price a few flights with miles, and I'm not getting a 5,000 mile discount either. Anyone else having same issue?
the dms icon comes and goes. I guess its an it glitch. I would try, either hitting refresh or signing out and back in if it doesn't show up.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Still not there for some reason. Not much use in calling on a hurricane day I suppose. If it doesn't show back up by Monday, I'll give them a call, and just credit Monday's flight to UA. I can't deal with boarding in zone 9.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:16 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
So if I login to my account and now see "Award processing fees waived" under the "Dividend Miles Select" heading that apparently means I hit my $25k in spending? I haven't had the 10k PQM conversion, so I suppose it's possible that it's also a mistake or else it shows before the PQM conversion happens.

Further reading seems to indicate that I'll have this feature for 12 months from today (or 10 days from now - I can't tell)?

And it seems that it would then make booking award travel out of my account risk-free, since both the processing fee is waived and the re-deposit fee is waived?

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere - a search revealed some old information from 2009 but nothing definitive.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 5:49 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by vysean
So if I login to my account and now see "Award processing fees waived" under the "Dividend Miles Select" heading that apparently means I hit my $25k in spending? I haven't had the 10k PQM conversion, so I suppose it's possible that it's also a mistake or else it shows before the PQM conversion happens.

Further reading seems to indicate that I'll have this feature for 12 months from today (or 10 days from now - I can't tell)?

And it seems that it would then make booking award travel out of my account risk-free, since both the processing fee is waived and the re-deposit fee is waived?

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere - a search revealed some old information from 2009 but nothing definitive.
I think the DMS carries forward from when you hit the $25k in spending of the current year, through the next calendar year.

I know I've had it show up on my account all this year, even back in January, when I certainly didn't have $25k in spending on this card for the year.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
5k discount

I just noticed on the ads for Barclays card that a 5k discount for award travel is offered. Anyone tried this using an existing CC? Or is it just for new accounts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.