Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free 90 Day Silver Trial - Again for 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2010, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Free 90 Day Silver Trial - Again for 2010

Try Silver Preferred on for size

Terms - basically must be general member, didn't have hold status in 2009 and haven't done any trial or status match for 24 months.

Offer valid from May 31, 2010 to August 15, 2010. Registration required. In order to qualify, member must first register and then purchase a non-refundable ticket at usairways.com for travel only on US Airways/US Airways Express. Allow one (1) to seven (7) days for Silver Preferred trial status to take effect following ticket purchase date (“Effective Date”). Silver Preferred trial status will only take effect with a ticket purchased for travel within the United States. Silver Preferred trial status will be valid for 90 days following Effective Date. Only tickets purchased at usairways.com will qualify; tickets purchased via any other channel will not qualify for the promotion. You must register before you purchase your non-refundable ticket and your Dividend Miles number must be included in the reservation at the time of ticket purchase. The last date to register and purchase a qualifying ticket is August 15, 2010; travel must begin by Sept 15, 2010. Offer valid for base level Dividend Miles members only. Failure to meet any of these conditions will result in non-qualification and no Preferred trial benefits. The following members are not eligible to participate in the US Airways/Budget Best Trip Ever 2010 promotion: Members who participated in the “Best Trip Ever” promotion in 2009; members who have been granted Preferred status as a result of having elite status in another airline's program in the last 24 months; members who did not requalify for the same Preferred status in 2010 as 2009; members who have participated in US Airways Preferred trial program any time in the last 24 months. Upon successful enrollment in the Preferred trial program you must fly the minimum amount of miles or segments within 90 days of the Effective Date in order to keep Preferred status for remainder of program year. Only elite qualifying miles earned on flights operated by US Airways and US Airways Express can be applied toward the Preferred trial program. This promotion may not be combined with the US Airways Dividend Miles Jumpstart promotion. All US Airways Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
well... kinda free. you do have to buy ONE non-refundable ticket to qualify. haha
Old Jun 9, 2010, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

True. And while it does mention you can of course fly enough to retain status beyond the 90 days, it does not specifically state the usual 7500 mile or..10 is it?...segment requirement. Nor does it indicate if the 15000, 22500 or 30000 thresholds will acquire GP, PP or CP, respectively, as is the norm with paid trials and last year's promo.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: big pimpin'
Now...what is the cheapest US-metal nonrefundable ticket that can be found?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: LH Senator ★
FYI: So far cheapest US ticket I've found is $69 SFO-LAS
Old Jun 9, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Do you have to purchase after? A friend is flying with me next weekend and it's be great if he was silver....

Edit: Should have read the terms ... sigh I guess not
Old Jun 9, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: big pimpin'
Originally Posted by JanoS-
FYI: So far cheapest US ticket I've found is $69 SFO-LAS
All-in or before taxes? I found 104rt lax/phx...$126 after taxes.

But after a closer reading of the t&cs, not sure if roundtrip travel is necessary...
Old Jun 9, 2010, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Note it also says purchase, not fly. So register and buy a ticket for 30 days from today. Will your status be updated within the 1 to 7 days as the terms say? As other on-going discussions prove, time and time again US' terms are clear as mud. What's also amusing is that it says ticket purchase for travel within the United States. So if you want to book elsewhere and get status, too bad for you.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:09 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Note it also says purchase, not fly. So register and buy a ticket for 30 days from today. Will your status be updated within the 1 to 7 days as the terms say? As other on-going discussions prove, time and time again US' terms are clear as mud. What's also amusing is that it says ticket purchase for travel within the United States. So if you want to book elsewhere and get status, too bad for you.
PIT-LGA is $54 e.g. Sept 7th.
Now is it worth it for the *S and the 2nd free bag for my UA flight?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: US Airways Silver
I called they said 10 segs/7500 miles, I can't wait to get my free silver. Otherwise I wouldn't get until December as I just switched from jetblue.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:21 am
Suspended

So if I was silver in 2009, but it ran out this feb. I can NOT participate?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: None
That seems to be the case according to the T&C's.

Jim
Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, United Silver
My mom has dirt status and is flying PIT-CLT-FCO in October. So it sounds like I need to wait till July, register her for the promo, and buy her a cheap ticket to BOS. Then PIT-CLT-FCO within 90 days should get her enough miles to keep the status through Feb 2012?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by jfunk138
My mom has dirt status and is flying PIT-CLT-FCO in October. So it sounds like I need to wait till July, register her for the promo, and buy her a cheap ticket to BOS. Then PIT-CLT-FCO within 90 days should get her enough miles to keep the status through Feb 2012?
Assuming the trip to Rome is round trip on US metal, it would be about 10k miles and thus should meet the challenge so long as it's done within the 90 days. I don't think, though, it will get her status until Feb 2012. If you meet the challenge, you only keep status through this program year -- so until Feb 2011. At least, that's how I read the T&C. She'd still need 25k miles this calendar year to qualify for silver for next program year (ie. 2011-12).

On a related note, why are some folks fretting about the one non-refundable ticket requirement? Won't you need at least that and more in order to meet the status challenge anyway?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by lkar

On a related note, why are some folks fretting about the one non-refundable ticket requirement? Won't you need at least that and more in order to meet the status challenge anyway?
Not if you just want the status for the 90 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.