Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways website: Post bugs and problems here

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2009, 1:23 pm

I have tried to use the new site - unsuccessfully - since it was first made available.

I get the following error each time after entering my travel details:

•The date you entered is either not valid or may not be in the proper format. Please check the date and re-enter as mm/dd/yyyy.

Of course, I selected the date from the pop-up calendar and can confirm that it displays properly in the field eg 06/12/2009.

I am in Canada and wonder if it is related to the different date standard that we use - eg my computer would be set to display the date above as 12/06/2009. That's a "regional" setting in Windows so it should haven't any impact but I am concerned that the US website is programmed incorrectly and will simply not function for anyone with a non-US regional setting.
Old May 25, 2009, 8:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Partner award flights still don't show the correct class

Partner award flights still show as all coach, no matter the class you're actually in.

Unlike the prior site, though, the fare class booked IS shown. That code tells you what class it's booked in. You'd think that if they could show the code, they could display the class it corresponds to.
Old May 25, 2009, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Ground hog day . . . Pull up one reservation, over and over again

I'm pulling up two award reservations. Use the confirmation number to pull up one of them using "Manage Reservations" on the home page. I comes up, I see it (wrong class-of-service and all), print it.

Then go back to the home page and enter details for the second reservation, which is for a different passenger -- the first one comes up again. Refresh. Do it all again. First one comes up again. Third time the charm? . . . Nope. First one again.

God I hope they're not close to going live with this.
Old May 25, 2009, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by DCAorBust
That doesn't really make any sense since both 12/6/09 and 6/12/09 are valid travel dates. You could always set your region to US to see if it makes a difference.
You know, I think you're onto something here. My trial dates were June 12th to June 17th which I picked directly off the calendar and then appeared as 06/12/2009 and 06/17/2009 in the input boxes on the website.

I decided instead to pick June 10th to June 12th on the calendar...
And I got flights back for October 6th to December 6th. Someone's going to definately get a nasty surprise if they are not paying attention.

I did some playing around on a few different computers at work and found that this behaviour is not controlled by the system setting but rather I now think that it's the language that Internet Explorer is set to. Even if the system settings are set to US (as all of our work computers are), if the primary language in IE is English (Canada) [en-ca] then the new website is mixing up the dates.

Extremely SLOPPY programming! US is soon going to get a bunch of Canadians showing up for flights on the wrong dates. Luckily this doesn't impact the English since they have their own website which works properly.
Old May 26, 2009, 7:04 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I'm pulling up two award reservations. Use the confirmation number to pull up one of them using "Manage Reservations" on the home page. I comes up, I see it (wrong class-of-service and all), print it.

Then go back to the home page and enter details for the second reservation, which is for a different passenger -- the first one comes up again. Refresh. Do it all again. First one comes up again. Third time the charm? . . . Nope. First one again.

God I hope they're not close to going live with this.
I have something similar going on. Can't retrieve a reservation where I'm not the named passenger if I'm logged in as myself. Logging out seems to make it work. Maybe in your scenario it is forcing your DM# and the depart date resulting in the retrieval of your reservation, but not the other person.
Old May 30, 2009, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

I just created this thread by moving posts into it from the thread discussing the new website. Let's now use this one to post specific bugs and problems. Hopefully the US web folks will read it.
Old May 31, 2009, 3:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
lots of broken links to "regular" information, my guess is that content-wise they're still working out how to switch.

Some of the International subsites don't work (yet).

Some weird (CSS ?) quirks on pages when displaying in Opera, but most pages display fine and the JavaScript trickery works better when compared to the "old" site.
Old May 31, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
The new site never works for me. Every time I load it, it always spits a runtime error. Am I missing something here?
Old May 31, 2009, 6:19 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The "Request Missing Miles" link actually works off of the beta site (unlike, for me anyway, the regular site).
Old Jun 1, 2009, 6:11 am

Programs: US Chairman
Originally Posted by Andy1369
The new site never works for me. Every time I load it, it always spits a runtime error. Am I missing something here?
Are you using Google Chrome as your web browser? I have had the same issue, so I had to use Firefox to check it out. I did report it when it first happened to me.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 9:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
RIC Hokie - nah, am using Firefox too. Tres strange.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Changing a reservation

I have noticed on 2 reservations now that I have had to change that it does not display the change correctly. In fact I have had a hard time to get it to pull up the details once it has been changed. Keeps telling me the date is wrong. I seem to be able to pull it up if I go to manage reservations from the main screen and only use my DM # and date. Very strange things once you change your reservation.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I counted 17 US Air flags whooshing past when I clicked 'seat map' before the seat map finally loaded. When the seat was selected and it went back to the main page, the 'seat number' assignment took about another 15 seconds to load onto the itinerary. Slow........

While a bit unlike other 'bugs' mentioned here, I would still raise this as a Performance / Stress Testing defect/issue.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:09 am

Programs: US CP
I just tried to book flights using the drop down cakendars for July and August and got:

"You cannot select a departure date prior to today’s date. Please change your selections."

Wonderful
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:02 pm

i tried looking at the seat map for my itinerary that includes a change-of-gauge (but same flight number) and at least now i get an error message instead of just outright failure with no notification.

not sure if they are implementing error handling throughout the site or if they're actually working on this problem. (i can verify seat maps are indeed not down since i can view them for another itinerary with no problem.)

We're sorry

This is what happened:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

How to fix this:
We can't open that seat map. Part or all of your flight may be booked on another airline, it may be too close to the time of departure or our seat maps may be down.

Reference code: javascript: BuildSeatmap (99)
Occurred: Sun Jun 7 17:58:03 PDT 2009

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.