Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

The consolidated US Rant Thread ("I'm mad / I hate / How could they? . .")

The consolidated US Rant Thread ("I'm mad / I hate / How could they? . .")

Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K x6yrs, Ex-AAExecPlat, Delta 360, Mariott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AMEX Centurion, Avis First
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I'd be pretty upset, too ... Basically, it's one of the reasons I'm the grifter ... There is a school of thought that says that if you want first-class service, you should pay for it ... There is also another school of thought that says, "Stuff happens," ... I figure I can better bear the consequences of weather, weather-that-is-mechanical-disguised-as-weather, weather-that-is-poor-management-disguised-as-weather ... if I'm not actually paying a lot.
Well, seeing that I paid for First Class on this joke of an airline certainly make me feel like a chump ... I'm impressed with one thing about this airline and one thing only ... US Airways makes a point of replying to messages ... the script reads akin to the following "We're calling to tell you that we'll do nothing to address your complaint, <redacted> you chump ... our records - blah blah blah"

Having been the recipient of three of these calls, I'm surprised they bother

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 23, 2015 at 7:21 am Reason: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#offensive
Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K x6yrs, Ex-AAExecPlat, Delta 360, Mariott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AMEX Centurion, Avis First
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
did you ask for a different flight/OAL in F or did you knowingly accept the reaccomodation in Y?
I asked for OAL in F but the only option was for much later on the following day ... Flying early the next day ("reaccomodation") was only available in middle aisle Y
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:15 am

"If it wasn’t so repugnant and indicative of the lack of corporate “character”, it would be comical how nearly every correspondence from US Airways or telephone call concludes with something akin to “there will be no further communications from our office regarding this specific matter” … now on my fourth or fifth iteration of hearing from US Airways something like “Listen CHUMP, how dare you have the temerity to question the story we craft and tell our gate agents to shovel in your face?! … You’re lucky we choose to take your money and even luckier if we manage to get you to an airport within 100miles of your destination within 72 hours of when we told you we’d land you there … and oh, by the way, we don’t have to compensate you for anything, since we can delay in perpetuity and then cite an ATC cancellation as the cause retroactively”

My one roundtrip on US Airways in years … CLEARLY my last … I’ll make sure to let others know how you treat your customers"
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by circitmage
I asked for OAL in F but the only option was for much later on the following day ... Flying early the next day ("reaccomodation") was only available in middle aisle Y
Well, seeing as you did accept the offered reaccomodation in Y, then they have a firm case to stand on. Have you gotten any feedback from them regarding a refund in fare difference to the lowest available coach fare on day of purchase?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
"If it wasn’t so repugnant and indicative of the lack of corporate “character”, it would be comical how nearly every correspondence from US Airways or telephone call concludes with something akin to “there will be no further communications from our office regarding this specific matter” … now on my fourth or fifth iteration of hearing from US Airways something like “Listen CHUMP, how dare you have the temerity to question the story we craft and tell our gate agents to shovel in your face?!
I am experiencing the same thing after submitting a complaint to US. I'll make my gold qualification of 50K miles at the end of July and fly WN and AS the rest of the year.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 3:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Really saw the best and worst of US during some IROPs last Friday (weather in the Northeast plus ATC delays)

- Harried gate agent calls for First Class. There's a line of a few people, including me, on the First/Preferred Access lane and yet two people walk through the general boarding lane to cut us. When the person at the front of the right line tries to board, the gate agent snaps at him "First Class only!". He replies "I am in First Class, I'm trying to give you my boarding pass". The agent says "well you didn't say anything, I don't read minds".
- Flight attendants with little interest in service. We had a 90 minute delay due a ground stop at CLT. The plane had a broken APU and First got one pre-departure drink. Coach got water after an hour and numerous complaints from the back
- Only one drink on the way up, slowest possible service too.

Now, I will say that the US Club agent who rebooked me was wonderful, but the people mentioned here...less so.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:25 pm

Not a single american carrier

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-...ld-2014-6?op=1
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
US messed up a re-booking of a flight - basically I re-booked online and my reservation showed it had changed. Upgrade cleared and received the email to check in online. Error when trying so called and was told I had to pay $200 still. I knew something wasn't right with this reservation last month so I even called and was assured everything had been changed and I was good to go.

Lost my wallet this am so only traveling with cash today - was trying to get flights noted so that this wouldn't be a problem when I arrive at airport - or have my office call in a different credit card. I am transferred to a "supervisor" from the CP desk. She is SOOOOOOO terrible. Actually blames me and says that since there is no note that I had called in then "I obviously didn't" She literally is calling me a liar. I said "You know, this has cost me an hour of my time dealing with your mistake." She replies "This isn't our mistake" I then say "your lack of empathy is pathetic" SHE HANGS UP!!!!!!!!! Hangs up the phone......CP desk is usually gr8, but I sure hope AA/US keep CK desk open.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: USA Dividend miles soon to be AAdvantage
I wonder if any US carrier is 'listening'.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by Heidelberg Barbie
I wonder if any US carrier is 'listening'.
Nope....they're too busy winning the race to the bottom.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 2:43 pm

Depart Early when I'm late connecting

Flew SMF-PHX-ORD. SMF-PHX was delayed, and the system rebooked my PHX-ORD leg (kept me protected on the original connection). However, even though I had a slight chance of making the really tight connection, the original PHX-ORD flight was closed early! Departed 9 minutes early!

This resulted in a 7 hour delay layover in PHX.

PS: I'm not a frequent US flyer. Is there a thread on issues and compensation?

Last edited by hellyea; Jun 30, 2014 at 2:54 pm
Old Jun 30, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by hellyea
Flew SMF-PHX-ORD. SMF-PHX was delayed, and the system rebooked my PHX-ORD leg (kept me protected on the original connection). However, even though I had a slight chance of making the really tight connection, the original PHX-ORD flight was closed early! Departed 9 minutes early!

This resulted in a 7 hour delay layover in PHX.

PS: I'm not a frequent US flyer. Is there a thread on issues and compensation?
You're required to be at the gate at T-15 and the door closes at T-10. They're within their rights to leave at T-9 if everyone on the plane at that point is settled in. I wouldn't expect to get anything by sending in a complaint, but you can always try and see what happens.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by gruss
You're required to be at the gate at T-15 and the door closes at T-10. They're within their rights to leave at T-9 if everyone on the plane at that point is settled in. I wouldn't expect to get anything by sending in a complaint, but you can always try and see what happens.
I think its impossible to leave the gate at T-9 if they truly closed the door at T-10. They probably then did close the door more than 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure.

More, the reason I wasn't at the gate T-15 was due to their mechanical failure. And they knew (or should have known) this.

I sent in a request simply based on the fact that their 20 minute mechanical delay resulted in a 7 hour delay for me.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by hellyea
I sent in a request simply based on the fact that their 20 minute mechanical delay resulted in a 7 hour delay for me.
I'm looking at the US/AA PHX-ORD schedule and I see 9 flights/day on weekdays. The longest gap between flights (during the day) is just over 5 hours, from 6:36pm to 11:59pm. After that, the next flight is 6am.

Did they not allow you to standby for the next flight? If not, then I'd certainly file a complaint.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Short Notice Schedule Change

Not sure when the schedule change was made, but I didn't receive notice until 3 weeks before my date of travel. My return flight now leaves 5 hours earlier, taking away a half day of our family vacation. No seats are available except for exit, choice and preferred. Supervisor says they won't give us those.

In the past, it seemed like schedule changes were made out some 60 days or more. Not too happy about how they have handled this. The alternative flights are fully booked or would result in long layovers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.