Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 16, 09, 3:52 pm   #1

Programs: USA CP, AA, UAL, BA, DLTA
Do the Bank of America cards still give miles?

I thought I had read some where that Bank of America's contract with US Airways has expired and that Barclays is now the sole USA card provider.

I called Bank of America to cancel my card and was told that it still does give US Airways miles and nothing has changed. But I only see the Barclay cards on the USA web site.

What gives?
Paso Fino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 09, 3:55 pm   #2

Programs: US Silver,Starwood Gold, Amex Plat.
I think if you have the card you are grandfathered in. I think they aren't offering the card to new applicants. I have the card and still received miles on my January statement.
Old Jan 16, 09, 7:25 pm   #3

Programs: None
BofA can no longer offer a Dividend Miles branded credit card, but can apparently still offer miles just as any other program affiliate (hotels, rental car companies, FTD, etc). I haven't ever heard of another FF program that allows a 2nd credit card provider to offer miles - usually the contract with a credit card provider gives that provider exclusive rights - so I don't know how long BofA will be able to grandfather current cardholders.

I know that if I were Barclay's/Juniper I wouldn't be too happy with a second card provider offering miles after I'd paid several hundred million dollars for the exclusive right to do so and prepurchased miles at least twice to help US through a rough financial period.

Jim
BoeingBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 09, 7:34 pm   #4

Programs: AmEx Biz Plat, LH HON Circle, Premier M&M World MC, United MP Visa Plat, UA MP
I still get mine from my BofA debit card AFAIK.
abcxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 09, 7:40 pm   #5

Programs: US Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy View Post
I know that if I were Barclay's/Juniper I wouldn't be too happy with a second card provider offering miles after I'd paid several hundred million dollars for the exclusive right to do so and prepurchased miles at least twice to help US through a rough financial period.
Yet those idiots won't let anyone with a B of A card have a Juniper card!

I now have a B of A personal card and a Juniper card for my business. I'm going to hold out another year on the B of A card because I've already made a dent in the $25k I need for the 10k EQMs, but I'll probably jump ship at the end of the year.
ereuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 09, 8:37 pm   #6

Programs: US Gold, HH Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereuter View Post
Yet those idiots won't let anyone with a B of A card have a Juniper card!
I have both the B of A and the Juniper card and charged over $25,000 on each one and got the 20,000 status miles. They should let you have both.
RICflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 09, 9:33 pm   #7

Programs: BA, UA, US(GP), AGR, BestW, HH, Hyatt(plat)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICflyer View Post
I have both the B of A and the Juniper card and charged over $25,000 on each one and got the 20,000 status miles. They should let you have both.
They should, but now they do not. Applications for the Barclay's card are now being rejected if the applicant has a US BOA Visa. However, BOA told me it is business as usual for existing Visa cardholders, including the 10K EQM. I hope they are right.
PHLviaUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 09, 2:53 pm   #8

Programs: US dirt (from CP), Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond??, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLviaUS View Post
Applications for the Barclay's card are now being rejected if the applicant has a US BOA Visa.
While I know that the version of credit reports that grantors and their computers see often have full account numbers on them, is there some code that specifically identifies a BoA DM card as such? I thought it could only be identified as being issued by BoA.
bankingconsultant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 09, 4:46 pm   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG | UA 1K | TK Elite | Priority Pass | Milepoint Gold | Greyhound RR
My US Debit card miles never posted sicne day 1. I've had the card for a year or 2 now. oh well i'm so far away from the next award it doesnt matter. I switched away from the S* and am with AS now
Old Jan 18, 09, 4:56 pm   #10

Programs: US Airways Silver
Presumably US knows if they're getting miles credited from the BofA Visa, so they could tell Barclays. I still don't know what the issue suddenly is, unless they're trying to induce you to ditch your BofA card.
alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 09, 5:14 pm   #11

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT
We are still getting ours and I've made a point of trying to read all the fluff they send with statements and other mailings. I expect they will need to send some announcement to all cardholders if/when they stop posting miles.

As far as the US and BofA sites, I don't think they can market it anymore. We definitely don't want to go to the Juniper card as we really do take advantage of the $99 companions and US Club pass. For our next family USAir trip (with USA) we are saving over $500.
grlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 09, 5:41 pm   #12

Programs: US GOLD, UA PLAT, DL GOLD
Nothing posted for me in January from BofA... not sure what that means. At least I did get my EQM conversion on 12/31/08... just in time to requalify for CP.
saturnsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 09, 6:25 pm   #13

Seems to still be available...at least for now.

http://www.usairwaysvisa.com/
ez311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 09, 7:29 pm   #14

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnsk View Post
Nothing posted for me in January from BofA... not sure what that means. At least I did get my EQM conversion on 12/31/08... just in time to requalify for CP.
My January miles posted as usual for both my ATM and Visa cards.
Old Mar 4, 09, 11:29 am   #15
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez311 View Post
Seems to still be available...at least for now.

http://www.usairwaysvisa.com/
Has anyone used this link recently and got a credit card?