Wiki Posts
Search

Club Dress Code?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Platinum
Club Dress Code?

I'm a RCC member, and flying US tomorrow for the first time since I got my RCC membership. I'm going to Florida so I plan on wearing T-Shirt and shorts and shoes, but per the terms and conditions of the US clubs it seems like they will not let me in. Anyone have an experience with this? Do I have to dress up?

Excerpt from the website

"Attire and conduct of Club members and their guests must be in keeping with good taste and a professional, dignified atmosphere. Tank tops, casual T-shirts, thong sandals and other inappropriate attire will not be permitted. US Airways reserves the right to deny admission to any member or their guests whose behavior is disruptive, abusive, violent, deemed improper or objectionable or whose conduct affects the safety or comfort of others in the Club. Such member's Club membership may be revoked by US Airways at its sole discretion. "
Old May 15, 2008, 6:57 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
I do not think I have ever seen anyone thrown out for wearing a t-shirt, shorts and sandals....I sure as hell have done it.....If you want to be safe, wear a polo with khaki shorts and sandals and you will be fine.....they can't expect to be that picky on members when the US clubs are some of the most run down in the industry........
Old May 15, 2008, 7:31 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
If you want to be safe:

Khaki shorts + golf shirt (polo style) + closed shoes (no flip flops). Still pretty comfy yet not trashy.

JP
Old May 15, 2008, 7:41 am

Programs: US Chairman
I would say that over 50% of the time, I am wearing t-shirts, shorts, and sandals when I go into the club (I like to fly comfy...especially returning from a business trip). I have never been denied access or even been warned about it.
Old May 15, 2008, 7:45 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
I've worn Tevas (even once with hiking-type socks- didn't realize at the time that was a faux pas) and shorts to the Clubs plenty of times, but I've always had at least a shirt with a collar. Never had a problem.
Old May 15, 2008, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/US CP, United 1K (1MM) , Marriott Plat, Avis Plus
It's a reflection of you, not the club

Just like the new US uniforms, it's how you want to present yourself. I've seen everything from shorts to suits to flannel. As long as you tidy in you appearance and aren't obnoxious, the agents are very helpful. With that in mind, dress comfortably, but I would wear an 'I'm with Stupid <-' or a 'Big Johnson' t-shirt. Further, if you have spent the money on a Membership, please don't were $3 pair of shower-shoes and call them sandals. I usually were close toe shoes, because they take up too much room in my carry-on. Enjoy the club and more importantly, the greatest state in the land.
Old May 15, 2008, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Squalor Gold, Rent-a-wreck Admiral Club
and save the sleeveless T-shirts for the gym.
Old May 15, 2008, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by mssgjones
and save the sleeveless T-shirts for the gym.
.... or flights on Southwest.
Old May 15, 2008, 1:48 pm

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
No Crossdressers
Old May 15, 2008, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, UA 1K, HY GLOBALIST
Originally Posted by shttrdrvr
... Enjoy the club and more importantly, the greatest state in the land.
I think you mis-read the OP. He said he's going to Florida, not TEXAS
Old May 15, 2008, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by paulTX
I think you mis-read the OP. He said he's going to Florida, not TEXAS

You both mis understood me, I'm going to Florida not New Jersey!

This could go on forever...
Old May 15, 2008, 4:45 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum/,Lifetime Silver Hertz Presidents
Dress Code and US Airways Club in the same sentence, could be a first!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.