Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zone 2 = "Priority" Boarding?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2008, 10:11 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
First class board before Zone 1. So even Zone 1 is of no priority in your definition.
Old May 2, 2008, 8:05 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Interestingly, I've been hearing a number of gate agents when announcing zone 1 boarding also board "any preferred members" at the same time, which I've taken to include Silver. Not 100%, but a decent percentage. As a current Silver, I've been boarding with Zone 1 if they make that announcement, Zone 2 if not.

I'd argue that Silver should be able to board with Zone 1. It's not like the upgrades are rolling on in for Silver; I've haven't gotten a single one this year. Of course, that may just be the segments I fly...
Old May 2, 2008, 9:59 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver.
Originally Posted by fordan
Interestingly, I've been hearing a number of gate agents when announcing zone 1 boarding also board "any preferred members" at the same time, which I've taken to include Silver. Not 100%, but a decent percentage. As a current Silver, I've been boarding with Zone 1 if they make that announcement, Zone 2 if not.

I'd argue that Silver should be able to board with Zone 1. It's not like the upgrades are rolling on in for Silver; I've haven't gotten a single one this year. Of course, that may just be the segments I fly...
I agree with you on this. Let the SP board with the rest of the preferred members. I spent the first year of my business travel life as a SP on US Air and got no respect from the GA's. But don't despair, except for Zone 1 boarding life ain't much better for us CP's. Most of the segments I fly are RJ's with no FC seats so upgrades are not part of my CP perks.
Old May 2, 2008, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by coswellnc
...Most of the segments I fly are RJ's with no FC seats so upgrades are not part of my CP perks.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, coswellnc

Oh wow, with so many segments annually, mostly on RJs, a true road warrior you certainly are!
Old May 3, 2008, 12:08 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver.
Originally Posted by kudzu
Welcome to FlyerTalk, coswellnc

Oh wow, with so many segments annually, mostly on RJs, a true road warrior you certainly are!
I did get the opportunity to fly from CLE to CLT last week on a new E190. I say they should dump Mesa's and their stretch CJ's and mainline with the E190 completely. Nice BIG little plane. Very comfy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.