Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doug does his time, TODAY, 2/24.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2007, 6:09 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
In all reality, he probably never even saw the actual prison. His 24 hours were most likely burned up inprocessing, outprocessing and if anything, in a holding cell by himself. It takes most prisoners days, sometimes weeks, to get inside to the actual general population.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Since no one has posted the full story here yet... someone posted a snip in the other thread. Let the Oscar Meyer comments fly.

link to story below.

Arpaio: no special treatment for jailed US Air chief

Angelique Soenarie

azcentral.com

Feb. 25, 2007 03:57 PM

U.S. Airways CEO Doug Parker completed his drunk driving jail sentence Sunday, but his 24-hour stay was hardly business as usual.

Parker was released at 6:30 a.m. Sunday from the Estrella Jail next to Tent City in Phoenix, a 1,200-inmate facility where the population is nearly always women.

Parker, who remained in his street clothes, was the only male inmate during his short stay, which began at 6:15 a.m. Saturday, according to sheriff's records. Other inmates serving very short sentences also are not required to wear uniforms.

Parker sat in a cell by himself in an unused area of the jail.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, insisted Parker did not receive special treatment and the move to place him a women's jail was to protect him.

"The reason why I did it is because he is a high profile and I wanted to make sure he was safe," Arpaio said.

Parker, 45, pleaded guilty last week to driving under the influence after he was pulled over in January for speeding after leaving the Birds Nest party at the FBR Open golf tournament in Scottsdale.

"My responsibility was to take him in my jail. He held himself responsible for his actions. He pled guilty and he did his time in jail," Arpaio said. "He paid the penalty."

Arpaio said Parker was served two "15-cent meals," which included a bologna sandwich for lunch and a hot dog without a bun and two cold veggie sides for dinner. Parker's beverage of choice was water.

"He wasn't lucky," Arpaio said.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 7:49 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by jimcfsus

Arpaio said Parker was served two "15-cent meals," which included a bologna sandwich for lunch and a hot dog without a bun and two cold veggie sides for dinner. Parker's beverage of choice was water.
We're screwed if he finds out how to serve this in F for 15-cents.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:51 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by jimcfsus
Since no one has posted the full story here yet... someone posted a snip in the other thread. Let the Oscar Meyer comments fly.

link to story below.

Arpaio: no special treatment for jailed US Air chief

Angelique Soenarie

azcentral.com

Feb. 25, 2007 03:57 PM

U.S. Airways CEO Doug Parker completed his drunk driving jail sentence Sunday, but his 24-hour stay was hardly business as usual.

Parker was released at 6:30 a.m. Sunday from the Estrella Jail next to Tent City in Phoenix, a 1,200-inmate facility where the population is nearly always women.

Parker, who remained in his street clothes, was the only male inmate during his short stay, which began at 6:15 a.m. Saturday, according to sheriff's records. Other inmates serving very short sentences also are not required to wear uniforms.

Parker sat in a cell by himself in an unused area of the jail.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, insisted Parker did not receive special treatment and the move to place him a women's jail was to protect him.

"The reason why I did it is because he is a high profile and I wanted to make sure he was safe," Arpaio said.

Parker, 45, pleaded guilty last week to driving under the influence after he was pulled over in January for speeding after leaving the Birds Nest party at the FBR Open golf tournament in Scottsdale.

"My responsibility was to take him in my jail. He held himself responsible for his actions. He pled guilty and he did his time in jail," Arpaio said. "He paid the penalty."

"He wasn't lucky," Arpaio said.

Check out the website
www.mcso.org
If I were younger I know where I would be applying for a position, Sheriff Joe is the man.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:52 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by fishintheobx
We're screwed if he finds out how to serve this in F for 15-cents.
New f/c service starts next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:48 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
Check out the website
www.mcso.org
If I were younger I know where I would be applying for a position, Sheriff Joe is the man.
What a cowboy!^ I think I'd be right there with you if I had 20 years less!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.