Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looks like res migation could be delayed....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2007, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Looks like res migation could be delayed....

US Airway, American West merger causes confusion
A Broward US Airways passenger got someone else's private flight information when she clicked on her frequent flier record -- sending the airline's techies scrambling to fix it.
By INA PAIVA CORDLE
[email protected]

''We've got our entire development team, which is supposed to be working hard on migrating our systems, pulled off and working on this,'' Danziger said Friday. ``And they are hoping they will have a solution to make an emergency change tonight -- otherwise over the weekend or Monday.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...s/16771238.htm

Looks like US has pulled BOTH members of the team to work on this issues.....
Old Feb 24, 2007, 9:12 am

Programs: US Silver
Just a second - the story says that this was because one system managed to duplicate the code of the other system. I thought one had all letter and the other one had letters and numbers. How on earth could something like that happen? (Note: I suppose this is a rhetorical question as this is USair we're talking about).
Old Feb 24, 2007, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by Jenniferpa
...I thought one had all letter and the other one had letters and numbers...
Maybe the antiquated computer mistook the letter L for the number 1 Just kiddin'

I've gotten used to the 2 systems co-existing, so any delay is not hurting me. Just hope the techies would take all the time they need to do a good job in merging the systems!
Old Feb 24, 2007, 9:34 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
''We've got our entire development team, which is supposed to be working hard on migrating our systems, pulled off and working on this,'' Danziger said Friday. ``And they are hoping they will have a solution to make an emergency change tonight -- otherwise over the weekend or Monday.''

Looks like US has pulled BOTH members of the team to work on this issues.....
Two heads are supposed to be better than one... EXCEPT in software development, where it's often practice to reduce (yes, cut) people when you want to get a project that's behind completed on time. So, l4pi might be correct in his analysis here. ^
Old Feb 24, 2007, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by Jenniferpa
I thought one had all letter and the other one had letters and numbers.
SHARES does, occassionally, issue PNR's with all letters. Why? No idea.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
This is a little off the subject, I guess, but I just contacted US for the Shares PNR for a Sabre-booked, 037 ticketed reservation I have for 3/11-3/16, and there is not a Shares PNR. This is a trip to Jamaica, so goodness knows I do not want any reservations issues here! Any suggestions? I have the ticket number and Sabre PNR, copies of the reservation, receipt...

On topic, all of my website booked reservations have Shares PNRs and all have a combo of letters and numbers...
Old Feb 24, 2007, 3:54 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
US Airway, American West merger causes confusion
You'd think that they would get at least ONE of the airline names correct.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 5:30 pm

I hope they don't switch the dates. I'm flying 3/4 and 3/5 from LAX and want to be part of the events planned for the day. I have my brand new Sony HD SR-1 Camcorder and will be reporting the events. (if they let me film...) And I you all know where the videos will appear if there will be any. (Hint: look at sig)

That said, I wish them all the best w/ Rez Migration. I have been saying that to every agent I've spoken in the past few days.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by me4yankees
This is a little off the subject, I guess, but I just contacted US for the Shares PNR for a Sabre-booked, 037 ticketed reservation I have for 3/11-3/16, and there is not a Shares PNR. This is a trip to Jamaica, so goodness knows I do not want any reservations issues here! Any suggestions? I have the ticket number and Sabre PNR, copies of the reservation, receipt...

On topic, all of my website booked reservations have Shares PNRs and all have a combo of letters and numbers...
I talked to the CP desk on this issue for an Oct 07 award ticket to Perth. Virtually There showed a flight number change on the PIT-LAX segment. Same times but new flight number but anyway I asked the agent about this. After putting me on hold to talk with a supervisor she reported back that until the systems are merged they can't see the Shares PNR because Shares sees it as flights on a different airline.

Her suggestion was to call back after the intergration was completed and have the agent pull it up via flight number who should be able to then give you a new confirmation number.

Their IT department does not inspire much confidence in their ability to actually pull this off.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 2:49 pm

FWIW, completing the migration would seem to be the best way to keep this issue (two PNRs with the same ID) from happening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.