Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two Different Confirmation Codes for same PNR?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2007, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Two Different Confirmation Codes for same PNR?

I am leaving tomorrow for a quick trip: PHL-FLL. On the original e-mailed itin, I had one confirmation code. This morning (not 3 days ago), I received the attempt to upgrade e-mail with a different confirmation # than the original. Is there any significance to this? Everything looks kosher. I was able to print out my BP using my new conf. #... hmmm... Is this related to a changeover from SABRE to SHARES?
Old Feb 19, 2007, 2:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Yes. Until March 3 many itineraries will have 2 PNR #'s.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 2:37 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Often Happens

A trip often has more than one PNR. A simple example suppose a travel agency running the Apollo CRS books a trip on US. There will be an Apollo record locater from the travel agency, and a Sabre record locater for US's PNR. The same thing happens if you book on the united.com web site you get an Apollo PNR, but there is a different record locater in Sabre for US East, or Shares for US West.

Similarly if you book on usairways.com that generates a Shares record even if its all east flights, and thus also a PNR in Sabre that has a different record locater. Also the web site tickets don't issue with 037 ticket stock even if its all east flights they issue with HP ticket stock numbers.

I imagine this is confusing to the occasional flyer.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
All reservations have a Shares (HP) and Sabre (US) PNR. If you know what metal you are flying or if you are flying both HP and US on the same trip it can help to know both PNR's
Old Feb 19, 2007, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Yes, I booked it online at usairways.com. I saw the 401 ticket stock. Interesting. Thanks for the lessons. Glad I am not flying on March 3.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
SABRE and Virtuallythere

In the past, I've asked for the Sabre locator so I can check out the reservation status on virtuallythere. I have an upcoming TA trip (paper tickets) on 401 stock because I booked online, and cannot see it on virtuallythere using the Sabre locator. Is this because:

1) It's a paper ticket?
2) I'm travelling after 3/4?
3) Some other reason I'm too dense to see?

Any thoughts appreciated!
Old Feb 19, 2007, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by EDnearJQF
In the past, I've asked for the Sabre locator so I can check out the reservation status on virtuallythere. I have an upcoming TA trip (paper tickets) on 401 stock because I booked online, and cannot see it on virtuallythere using the Sabre locator. Is this because:

1) It's a paper ticket?
2) I'm travelling after 3/4?
3) Some other reason I'm too dense to see?

Any thoughts appreciated!
I was always under the impression that reservations booked in Shares and moved to Sabre could not be seen in Virtually There, because I have not been able to see any of mine in months. However, you may not be able to see yours anymore because of the integration into Shares that is coming up in the next couple of weeks? Perhaps VT is not supporting US anymore because it will be all Shares? Just some thoughts...
Old Feb 19, 2007, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by jetsetter
Also the web site tickets don't issue with 037 ticket stock even if its all east flights they issue with HP ticket stock numbers.
Once both systems are merged into Shares, will "037" ticket stock disappear for good? That would seem to be the logical answer, with "401" surviving since it's linked to Shares, which is the surviving GDS system. I can't imagine the company will keep 037 and 401 both active forever. Anyone know?
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:38 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by crhptic
Once both systems are merged into Shares, will "037" ticket stock disappear for good? That would seem to be the logical answer, with "401" surviving since it's linked to Shares, which is the surviving GDS system. I can't imagine the company will keep 037 and 401 both active forever. Anyone know?
I heard the opposite on the usaviation.com website.. it seems 037 will survive the conversion. Which is interesting... will be confusing but makes sense since US Airways = 037 with most companies..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.