USAir wants your vote for the Freddies

Old Feb 16, 2007, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (HTC TyTN: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; PPC; 240x240) Opera 8.60 [en])

I have really parsed this email quite thoroughly and giiven the situation quite a bit of analysis. There are several options that, from a standpoint of formal logic could be invoked to explain this email. After sorting through the multitude of variables, however, I find one explanation to be the most likely in my opinion. They are using way too much meth.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Wirelessly posted (HTC TyTN: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; PPC; 240x240) Opera 8.60 [en])

I have really parsed this email quite thoroughly and giiven the situation quite a bit of analysis. There are several options that, from a standpoint of formal logic could be invoked to explain this email. After sorting through the multitude of variables, however, I find one explanation to be the most likely in my opinion. They are using way too much meth.
LOL...well since admitting they have a problem is the first step to recovery...I think we're doomed !!! :-)
Old Feb 16, 2007, 7:26 pm

Programs: American, Marriott, National
Add to the list of issues the dilution coming from the preferred benefits the credit card holders get without ever stepping on an airplane.

It is not a bad program, but it certainly does not rise to the level of award winning.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 6:42 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by m44
Brown-noser.".

Great post. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to point this out. Most of the people I talk to DID like DM. They DID until the program changed...

No rollover
120K/120 segments for CP
no award availability
less F (although NOT DM, it does reduce the u/g success)
inabilty to use CP TAU/G without buying an ENVOY fare...
and on and on....

So I guess King (if he is still living) will be the only one voting for DM.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 8:50 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I've Never Gotten Great Service From CP Desk & DM Doesn't Deserve Any Awards

While I know some on this board have commended the CP desk service, I have not been so lucky with it. The service has been average to below average at best. Two recent examples come to mind:
1. I called the desk about problems with HP & US account conversion, after having sent 2-3 emails to the Chairman's email address. The desk basically told me to just keep waiting, even though it had been about 6 months since I first brought the issue to their attention. Finally, after I told the agent I had waited too long, they said that my records would be looked at and somebody would respond the same day or the next day, and nobody did. And nobody has;
2. There have been problems with code-share tickets where control of the e-ticket coupons have not properly transferred from UA to US. The desk often is unable to help and it takes everal calls to US and UA that I must make;
3. If I am making a ssame day change the desk never waives any fees, and tries to refare the whole ticket. Also I don't know how generally empowered the front line agents are or if they must ask their supervisors approval for any kind of even miner exception to policy.

As for DM right now the biggest thing going for it is comp domestic upgrades, but DL/CO/NW have that too and AA has that for top level Exec Plats. The row 1 upgrade was nice but that is gone on intl A330 flights. I don't see what advantages DM has over other programs, and in many if not most instances I think DM is below the rest of the US programs.

Finally US's same day change policy is inferior from a customer perspective to all the other legacy airlines. CO/NW/AA/UA all offer free earlier or LATER same day standby and NEVER charge you $25 to standby on the same day. DL charges general members $25 to confirm same day changes, but waives this for Gold/Plat on both earlier and LATER same day flights. US's official policy puts it at the bottom of the industry hands down. I begged people in another thread to challenge this assertion that US has the worse same day change policy and not one person countered that they didn't feel US had the worse policy.

Based on this information I don't think I'll be voting for DM for any of the 9 questions, and I will give US that they put an interesting spin on these votes that maybe the average non FT enthusiast won't get and maybe will just vote for them.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum & Million Miler. Hilton Diamond
The good

I agree with a lot of the negative comments but I do want to point out one good thing that has come with the merger for DM.

The ability to mix premium and saver awards on a roundtrip is a great improvement. I can now get the outbound for 12,500 miles and the return for 25,000 miles instead of having to spend 50k miles total.

The biggest problem with DM is the international upgrades which are TERRIBLE. The thing is, US is just stupid with this because without the opportunity to UG internationally on a reasonable fare there is no reason for me to limit my options to US for my international travel. This defeats the whole purpose of DM which is getting people to make you their first choice for air travel. I'm flying United across the pond next month so instead of getting say $1000 for a PHL-LGW run where I use miles or my certs to UG they are getting $0 out of me. I guess they figure if they sell GoEnvoy they can make that money back but that's a big if and a big strike against DM in my book.

Sean
Old Feb 18, 2007, 7:28 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Voted Bottom of the List

After the debacle of listing everyone Gold this year, I have voted US dead last in every category. We're all in the same listing; my wife that did 18 segments and I worked hard to hit 60 to land the Gold. Whatta joke this airline is. Looks like they are taking the same "toke of the US East crack pipe".

What a POS that John Reistrup "manages".

Last edited by KevAZ; Feb 18, 2007 at 8:09 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.