Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$99 Companion Ticket Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

$99 Companion Ticket Question

Was hoping someone could help me answer this - Should be getting my BofA US Airways Signature Card $99 companion coupons any day, but I want to book a ticket using those before the fare goes up at the 14-day window, which will happen in a few days. (Want to go CLT-SFO 3/1 return 3/5)

Do I have any options of booking those before actually having the coupons in hand? Can I just tell the ticket agent on the phone that I've got them? Is there some coupon code to give them? Doesn't seem like you need the actual physical coupon, do you?

Can anyone enlighten me?
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:51 pm

Programs: United Gold
there will be codes on them, but I dont think anyone has actually received them yet. I had asked a similar question about the Mastercard (juniper/barclay's) companion passes and it looks like noone has them, either.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
There is a code on them. They may request for you to mail them in or submit them to a ticket agent, but no one ever does. Its not a problem.

The code is a problem. There may be some way to find out by calling the bank (doubtful) or perhaps someone would trade you use of your own.

Do recall that the ticket you are purchasing must exceed $250 and the flight has to occur within the mainland US.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:56 pm

Do some searching here - the codes for both SABRE and SHARES systems are posted. something -CMP I think.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 2:03 pm

I do enjoy how the certs state "travel not guaranteed."

^ ^
Old Feb 13, 2007, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by hubwriter
Was hoping someone could help me answer this - Should be getting my BofA US Airways Signature Card $99 companion coupons any day, but I want to book a ticket using those before the fare goes up at the 14-day window, which will happen in a few days. (Want to go CLT-SFO 3/1 return 3/5)

Do I have any options of booking those before actually having the coupons in hand? Can I just tell the ticket agent on the phone that I've got them? Is there some coupon code to give them? Doesn't seem like you need the actual physical coupon, do you?

Can anyone enlighten me?
The vouchers do say 14day ap. When calling to use a voucher the reservation should not autoprice showing a companion fare if there is not a 14day ap. Fon reps should be advising to send in voucher or bring to ato within 24 hours to tkt. Hope this info helps. Maybe not what you wanted to hear. Sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.