Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I use an Air Check Plus voucher for someone else?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Can I use an Air Check Plus voucher for someone else?

I understand that in order to use an Air Check Plus voucher, the ticket has to be issued at the airport. Can I purchase a ticket for my wife at the airport, without her being present? I would not be included on the itinerary, this would just be one ticket for her. If she has to be present, there is no point in trying to use the voucher, as we live 35 miles from PHL and I am there almost every week. I'd simply like to arrive a little early on one of my business trips and purchase the ticket for her.

As an aside, is this something that can be done in the Club, or do I have to go to an actual ticket counter?
Old Feb 14, 2007, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
No takers? I know that everyone's occupied by the storm in the Northeast, but there must be someone out there who's tried this?
Old Feb 14, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: US GP CO PP Hilton D MarriottG
as far as I know they will take the aircheck for any ticket as they usually don't have a name on it.

Item 7 on back with terms and conditions--voucher is transferable only to a paren, child, spouse upon ticketing at any america west ticket location.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 2:39 pm
BHB

Programs: DL PM/SC, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by LPCJr
I understand that in order to use an Air Check Plus voucher, the ticket has to be issued at the airport. Can I purchase a ticket for my wife at the airport, without her being present? I would not be included on the itinerary, this would just be one ticket for her. If she has to be present, there is no point in trying to use the voucher, as we live 35 miles from PHL and I am there almost every week. I'd simply like to arrive a little early on one of my business trips and purchase the ticket for her.

As an aside, is this something that can be done in the Club, or do I have to go to an actual ticket counter?
I used ACP's to buy tickets for me, my wife and my son. I was the only one present at the airport when I paid using the vouchers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.