Wiki Posts
Search

Standby to SNA on a ticket to LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Standby to SNA on a ticket to LAX?

Once again my co-terminal issue; this time I have a ticket to LAX but would like to fly into SNA. Other than by paying the change fee and the fare difference, which would be a few hundred dollars, will I have any luck if I beg to be able to fly standby into SNA?

Thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:44 pm

Take an earlier flight...cough up the $25 standby fee and...the agent should rebook you on the PHX/LAS-SNA flight...now if it was like a CLT-LAX nonstop...might be harder Agents dont like to do a lot of work lately due to the Sabre/Shares hassle.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:45 pm

Programs: US CP, DL nothing
I've enjoyed relatively good success on several occasions changing between DCA and BWI when my plans have changed at the last minute. Even when billed the $25, it's still a great deal IMHO.

as always your mileage may vary.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:02 pm

August-January BWI is cheaper over DCA...January to August DCA is cheaper...Revenue Management ;( but the coterminal rule is very nice when YOU have no bags checked...

OH YEAH...

its easier if you don't have bags checked...
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
First US flight in about five years...TUS-PHX-SAN on Sunday. If I want to standby for an earlier flight, I have to cough up $25?
Old Feb 10, 2007, 6:28 pm

Depends on the agent...I flew revenue PBI-PHL-LGA-DCA-PBI and I had to cough up $25 each way ...damn lol

I didnt bother coaxing them out of it...revenue is revenue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.