Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I "link" two tickets together?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2007, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Can I "link" two tickets together?

I did try a search on this but wasn't successful.

What I'd like to know is whether I can link two tickets together that are not purchased together.

Here's the scenario...I'm looking at having my wife join me on a business trip. Company policy requires that tickets be booked through our corporate travel department. If I then book my wife's ticket separately, is there a way to "link" the two together so that my wife can sit with me in an exit row? (my wife does not have status). Additionally, if there is an upgrade opportunity, I would want to make sure that we both get upgraded.

If this is doable, would it make a difference if one ticket is on 037 stock and the other is on 401 stock? My travel department books on 037 stock. If I book my wife's ticket online, I think it will be on 401 stock.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Feb 8, 2007, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
You may link two tickets together...however, they must BOTH be on either 037 or 401 stock...they cannot be on mixed stock. If your company books on 037 stock, you are lucky because the website is also booking on 037 stock (frontline res. sys. is intergrated, its the behind the scenes that isn't). Hope this helps.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by USFFlyer
You may link two tickets together...however, they must BOTH be on either 037 or 041 stock...they cannot be on mixed stock. If your company books on 037 stock, you are lucky because the website is also booking on 037 stock (frontline res. sys. is intergrated, its the behind the scenes that isn't). Hope this helps.
usairways.com books onto 041 ticket stock, other travel sites such as travelocity book onto 037 ticket stock. It really doesn't matter which ticket stock it books into. After you have made both reservations call up and the agent can assign your wife a preferred seat next to you.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 4:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I've done this many times...just call US and ask to have the 2 PNRs linked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.