Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 767 Envoy/First Seats are good/bad? Will it be a refurb?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2007, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Which 767 Envoy/First Seats are good/bad? Will it be a refurb?

Seatguru says nothing except bulkhead with limited legroom... I'm doing PHL-CLT soon.. Are there any good/bad seats? Its a short flight, but I'd like to compare it to the A330 to help along with the decision how to get across the pond later this year.

Also - will it be a refurbished aircraft? Any word on how many are done and how many are still old-school?

Cheers,

Mike
Old Feb 7, 2007, 2:33 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by nekbet
Seatguru says nothing except bulkhead with limited legroom... I'm doing PHL-CLT soon.. Are there any good/bad seats? Its a short flight, but I'd like to compare it to the A330 to help along with the decision how to get across the pond later this year.

Also - will it be a refurbished aircraft? Any word on how many are done and how many are still old-school?

Cheers,

Mike
Hey Mike

The new Envoy seats will not be put in until at least fall. They are now on order. The 767's are in the middle of renovations. HAPPY FLYING!
Old Feb 7, 2007, 5:32 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Wink my $00000000.02

I like seats in row 2 or 3 on the 767s up front. Frankly, I know I'm in the minority, but I really find these ancient (and ocassionally grimy) seats to be very comfortable. I can never sleep on overnight flights anyway, but the 330 seats are just too %$*&#$@& hard for me to ever get really comfortable. The old 767 seats are still the cloth over heavy padding type, so they're much more comfortable for ME.

I don't care for row 1, particularly on the right since you will be absolutely right behind the busy galley -- and, with no curtains these days, you'll have a direct line of sight into the harried f/as managing their beverage service and gossiping, etc, etc. Not my idea of fun.

I always prefer 2B or 3B. Far from the galley, not bulkhead, and not last row.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I think it's row 2 in the middle that has no overhead air vents. So avoid that.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I just flew on a 767 today from CLT-SJU (the same plane that comes from PHL) It was a refurbished plane. I was in 2F which was perfect and I had no complaints. However I will say I think the new bulkhead's and walls look terrible. The bulkheads are just an eye sore and the walls are a marble pattern that dosen't match anything on the plane. I did glance back in coach and saw the new leather covered seats.

I try to pick either 2A or 2B. When an equipment downgrade happens I have always kept my upgrade when assigned to 2A. (I've never has an equipment downgrade when assigned to a different seat) I dont know if they look at my CP status or if they just keep the seat assignments and if someones seat "disappears" they are downgraded to coach. Maybe someone else could elaborate on that.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 3:21 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by uva185
However I will say I think the new bulkhead's and walls look terrible. The bulkheads are just an eye sore
I absolutely agree. This appears to be the new look for the entire fleet's bulkhead design and I commented some weeks back that the bulkhead (same new design) on the E190s looked horrific. Very "July 4th meets the Circus" look. I can't imagine staring at that bulkhead for more than 2 minutes.

UGH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.