Recognition by a FA

Old Jan 26, 2007, 9:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
I've gotten recognition a few times, mostly on US-West flights.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 6:28 pm

Programs: VS AU, AS 75K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Since I hit CP I have been approached and thanked personally several times- last time was my IAD-PHX flight early Wed. I took a flight last year where my wife didn't get the upgrade (pretty rare as the companion upgrade almost always comes through for us.) I gave her my seat up front and the when the FA figured it out actually came back to me in the main cabin to welcome me. I thought it was a nice touch.

There are quite a few great US employees out there. I usually have great flight crews- both from the East and the West.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 6:36 pm

Programs: US: CP; Marriott: Plat
I've flown both west and east FC in the 7 months since I started traveling full time. I have had several great experiences on both metals and some pretty bad ones. I wish US would get a little more consistent over all. That would go a long way for customer satisfaction.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 6:40 pm

Location: Greensboro, NC (US Air CP = Compassionate Proctology, Hilton Diamond)
My First Ticket Desk Thank You

I flew out of the Chattanooga Municipal Airport today. There are no self check-in kiosks at this airport for US Airways (fitting since I flew out on a DASH 8 to CLT). So, a close-to-retirement gentleman behind the counter checked my id and issued me my boarding tickets. As he told me which gate to go to, he wish me a safe trip, and finished by thanking me for all the miles I flew on US Airways and how he appreciated my support. The thank you seemed genuine and I thought as I walked away how much customer service has deteriorated because such a comment caught me off guard.

It made me think whether I was saying thank you enough to my customers.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 4:08 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
I just flew DCA-PHL-DET today and got greeted by name and extra thanks on both flights, by the gate agents. It's really been a weird day for that, too; the Avis desk was extra-helpful and the Marriott desk was amazing with their reception. Wonder if it is just a quiet travel day (both ERJ's today were less than 1/2 full) or if there's some customer service love-bomb going around?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.