WOW!!! When will this elite upgrade disaster end???

Old Jan 27, 2007, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis President; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pieper
So, if I understand this correctly, as of 3/4 we will be constantly calling again to be waitlisted and subsequently for a "lucky" upgrade.
Please tell me this isn't so? As usual they pick the worst of the 2 systems! Now a SP, GP, PP have the same opportunity to get the upgrade as a CP. Loyalty does not have it's privileges!
Old Jan 28, 2007, 6:25 am

Programs: UA Plat, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Before getting too upset about this, consider the source. I have found that information from customer service is unreliable. That's what is most upsetting to me. Of course, upgrade procedure is likely to change substantially on March 4th and again when the airlines REALLY merge.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 7:52 am

Programs: Lots O Metal
Originally Posted by asearchforfirst
Sorry - it was the EUAs in a response that made me think this was some sort of standard program I've never heard of (I'm a US legacy). So, what are EUAs?
Sorry, I think that's more of a CO term that I carried here with me...

'Elite Upgrade Award '

'350
Old Jan 28, 2007, 8:01 am

Programs: Lots O Metal
Originally Posted by noROCclub
Before getting too upset about this, consider the source. I have found that information from customer service is unreliable. That's what is most upsetting to me. Of course, upgrade procedure is likely to change substantially on March 4th and again when the airlines REALLY merge.
One day (here’s hoping) there will be a handful of carriers that continue to maintain truly robust elite programmes, and frequent flyers will flock to those carriers, forcing everyone else to revert to the original programmes they originally ditched to ‘cut corners’.

Perhaps this is a pipe dream, but it’s an interesting thought. We are their principle source of revenue, whether they like it or not, and in the end, someone will wise up and treat us as such. ‘Build it and they will come’…
Old Jan 28, 2007, 9:56 am

After just spending a lot of time on LH, I'm curious why any US carrier hasn't adopted the European model of short-haul business class. Just put a few rows in the front of the plane with a movable curtain and convertible middle seat and some greater leg room.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:38 am

Programs: UA, US, IB. Low man on the totem pole again.
Originally Posted by sdlevi27
After just spending a lot of time on LH, I'm curious why any US carrier hasn't adopted the European model of short-haul business class. Just put a few rows in the front of the plane with a movable curtain and convertible middle seat and some greater leg room.
Bite your toung...
Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:47 am

Programs: UA, US, IB. Low man on the totem pole again.
I am flying to from FLL to LAS and bank on HP metal w/ my mother in Feb (I am taking her there for her birthday since my father refuses to go... Hates gambling...). I requested a milage upgrade that was available but because I purchased the tickets from US Vacations, the CP desk was unable to confirm them until Vacations ticketed the res. Fast forward to the next day... vacations usually doesn't ticket until 8 days prior to departure (which allows you to make changes if necessary) but if you request the ticketing earlier they will do it. Vacations completed the ticketing, I called the CP desk again and guess what... no more upgrade seats available. Now this is where it gets fun... I called 4 different times requesting the uprades since they were available but since Vacations (a contractor) did not ticket in a "timely manner", etc... Each time I requested that the agent request 2 "O" seats to be released by inventory. The 4th call was a charm as the inventory agent released the seats.

The purpose of this post is to go back to the original OP of this thread... The SP who got upgraded before the CP could have been persistant enough to call in repeatly until someone in inventory just gave up and released the seats before you got your auto upgrade (or milage, since it is the same fare bucket). I always take a pro-active approach as described above to guaranteeing my upgrades wether using miles or comps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.