Swoosh over the transformation?

Old Jan 16, 2007, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Swoosh over the transformation?

For the sake all human kind, I establish the new US Airways melody as "Swoosh".

My good friend Fly With US, posted an old Trad Trans Safety Video on YouTube, and today a response said the new Swoosh melody is being played along with the video? Can anyone confirm this? I guess it was inevitable.

For those who want to see watch the entire safety video up close, you can see my copy at kinglobjaw.com by clicking NEW Videos BETA on the left panel menu. Thanks.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 8:56 pm

Programs: US Gold, Hertz Five Star
And anybody wanting to view the A320 Cactus traditional trans demo, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMYhPu3rYZo
for the US Airways Traditional Transformation, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0pAz...e=user&search=

It's very sad to lose Traditional Transformations , and I just want somebody, anybody, SOMEONE, to post a longer version of Traditional, Parisian, Latin, Caribbean, or any version of Transformations once heard on Light and Airborne on the A330s...

Please, you do not want to know how many hours I took trying to find it over the years. You would make my day/week/month if you can come forward with the highly coveted transformations (i have the copy we all have, the one minute version)

Transformations always was comforting to me!

So please, pleaae, please, please, please!!!
Old Jan 16, 2007, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Hey FlyWithUS, I think it has been posted on here with people searching from time to time. I hope your post reiterates the fact that some of us would like to get a hold of these tunes. Maybe someone from HQ has the older tunes- I think it has to do with the copyright thing. Even though they won't be most likely using the trad trans and logo brands like America West or PSA- they own them and they are theirs to keep. The folks there are quite busy, but I think I may send a short email asking if they might have an electronic version. I'm on good terms with the people of HQ and I don't want to shower them with emails so I'll later this week.

First, let's wait and see what the people of FT will have to say 'bout this one.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 9:11 pm

Yep, Kinglobjaw is right! Some people actually like transformations, want to have it
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:09 pm

Apparently "Swoosh" was composed by Jason Camiolo and it's official title is "Fly with US" (Apparently my username is named after it)
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:11 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
The Transformation theme is available on ringmaruf/A330323X's Web site, ProjectBarbell.

http://www.projectbarbell.com/misc/USTheme.mp3
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:39 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
I noticed that when flying on the US A319.. the beginning music changed to the new US music... and it was changed. But they still have alot of it pieced together...
I am looking forward to seeing how it will look post integration (on one certificate). I know I hear the FA's talking about integration classes and they are scheduled to be done by March.. so I guess there are more changes when they are ONE airline.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:42 pm

I know the new callsign for the merged carrier will be Cactus, does that mean that all flights will be branded HPxxxx instead of USxxxx
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:31 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by FlywithUS
I know the new callsign for the merged carrier will be Cactus, does that mean that all flights will be branded HPxxxx instead of USxxxx
I'd imagine it depends upon which certificate "survives". Maybe. FWIW, the certificate for the combined carrier will be managed by the PIT FAA office.

I'm not up on Part 121 certificate ins and outs. I suppose they could keep HP, but that would seem a bit strange on monitors and such in Europe for an airline named "US Airways."

And before anyone brings up the "yeah, but they are keeping Cactus" thing, the general public (save on United) does not generally encounter ATC communications. Whereas they do see flight numbers on BPs, airport monitors, and the like.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:43 pm

Cactus is very appropriate. Flying US is like sitting on a Cactus. Neither US nor HP would be appropriate. I can think of a few other letters they could use.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 3:05 am

http://www.idhal.com/cockroach/cockroach.htm These are on my website.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 5:32 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
The new US Airways music (I won't call it Swoosh - since that sounds too much like Nike's brand) is playing on the 757 safety announcement as well. Was surprised by that, but assuming that US owns that one too (as they did with Transformation) - then it's o.k. for them in that they don't have to pay to continue to use it (as they had to with the pre-Transformations pan flute thingy).
Old Jan 17, 2007, 6:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Had 4 segments over the past few days. On an East 321 the old Tranformations was still on the safety video. On my other 3 segments all on West 320's the new music was on the safety video. That said I watched one of the TV shorts and in between every show there was the old US music.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 6:57 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
The music of US started kinglobjaw's posting career on FT.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by planeluvr
The music of US started kinglobjaw's posting career on FT.
Oh man! Good find. Thanks. Definately brings back the good memeories. Is sure have evolved, haven't I?

Thanks again for this good find. Even I myself forgot about it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.