E+ on UA

Old Jan 16, 2007, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

E+ on UA

As a CP is there anyone to call/sweet talk to get assigned an E+ seat on UA? Used to be you could get these but that policy ended last year... any insights?
Old Jan 16, 2007, 3:06 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by Spence
As a CP is there anyone to call/sweet talk to get assigned an E+ seat on UA? Used to be you could get these but that policy ended last year... any insights?
For me, it was a very short-sited and bizarre situation.
They should have enabled there system to have *allaince members to use their own Home program ID and get E+ (even if paying was needed). It really defeats the purpose and reason for an alliance... (disappointing).

It is up to check in to get E+/// otherwise you are paying for it to get it.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 4:47 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, BA Gold
Sweet talk definetely helps...I was able to at least twice talk my way into an E+ seat after the policy change was implemented..I was gold and then platinum...charm always helps!
Old Jan 16, 2007, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
I'll preface this with saying that I have minimized my UA flying as much as possible ever since the the new policy of denying E+ access to US elites. In the few flights that I have taken on UA metal since, every one was in E+. Your best bet is to check in with an actual human, not kiosk or OLCI. Ask if there is an exit row, or something closer to the front...just be nice about it. Every time, noticing that I was *G, I've been given a nice E+ seat. Especially on full flights, those seats are going to go to someone, and in my experience the agents have no problem filling them with elites when given the opportunity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.