OLCI for a MR with a Same-Day Turnaround??

Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
OLCI for a MR with a Same-Day Turnaround??

I have a MR this weekend from DCA-LAS. Right now the outbound upgrade has cleared but they are still holding 6 seats for revenue for the return red-eye flight. At this point I am getting the vibe they will hold all of them until the day of departure at the gate. Usually I would check in 24 hours in advance to secure an upgrade. Does anyone know if you can check in for the return flight without flying the outbound flight? If not am I screwed at an upgrade on the return?

On a side note how many seats does HP usually hold back? 6/12 seems like a lot. It seems I always have a problem getting upgraded at the 7 day window on HP, but on US its usually never a problem.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
Originally Posted by uva185
I have a MR this weekend from DCA-LAS. Right now the outbound upgrade has cleared but they are still holding 6 seats for revenue for the return red-eye flight. At this point I am getting the vibe they will hold all of them until the day of departure at the gate. Usually I would check in 24 hours in advance to secure an upgrade. Does anyone know if you can check in for the return flight without flying the outbound flight? If not am I screwed at an upgrade on the return?

On a side note how many seats does HP usually hold back? 6/12 seems like a lot. It seems I always have a problem getting upgraded at the 7 day window on HP, but on US its usually never a problem.
I was able to do online check in both ways on a same day RT, but I had booked it as two one-ways ... actual business trip PHX/SAN, not a MR. Why don't you upgrade the back leg with miles if they'll let you.

Interesting about your experience with US vs. HP ... I've had just the opposite experience getting upgraded at the 7-day window: works well with HP, but not US. Maybe it's because -- living in PHX -- I'm an HP Elite and you're a US Elite.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Well, problem solved. A call to the HP Plat. line resulted in an upgrade!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.