What to Do with Orphan Miles?

Old Dec 8, 2006, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
What to Do with Orphan Miles?

I have a couple thousand miles on USAirways which will expire in 2007 with the new 18 month rule.

I'm looking for ways to use -- either transfer to another program (Club Rewards, Membership Rewards, Hilton HHonors, AA, CO) or to use to obtain a non-travel reward (such as restaurant certificates or magazine subscriptions).

I've looked on the USAirways website and either I'm blind or there aren't anything similar.

Help, anyone?

Greg
Old Dec 9, 2006, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Anyone??
Old Dec 9, 2006, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Not much you can do with a few thousand Miles, sad to say. The exchange rate at points.com, I hear, is terrible.

Considering this season of giving, it may be best to donate them to a charity of your choice - several are found on the US website.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Said above, points.com=horrible exchange rate...but if it is all that you have left to do, i suppose it would be better to salvage a few miles than to lose them all...

if you are doing any traveling in the near future, you might be able to use the miles for an upgrade to F...they are going for 5,000 one-way on a full-fare ticket or 10,000 on a discounted ticket these days, might be a nice treat...

or, you could always give the miles to charity, that would be a nice thing to do rather than just let them expire

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.