Wiki Posts
Search

Glassware back on US East F in December

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:02 am

Programs: AA EP
Flying transcon next week. Any reports?
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:07 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by la2clt
Flying transcon next week. Any reports?

12/3, PHL-PHX, on US east flight. NO glasses, and believe it or not, the food is worse then "prechanges".
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:12 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
12/3, PHL-PHX, on US east flight. NO glasses, and believe it or not, the food is worse then "prechanges".
I am not surprised that glassware has not timely returned

What did they serve for the meal service? The last several meal flights that I've had on US (the latest being over Thanksgiving weekend) have been pretty good with decent HOT meal choices. ^
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by PremiumSeat
I am not surprised that glassware has not timely returned

What did they serve for the meal service? The last several meal flights that I've had on US (the latest being over Thanksgiving weekend) have been pretty good with decent HOT meal choices. ^
Wouldn't be a bad service on a midcon. Well if they had glasses. But on a transcon, esp. without glasses, pathetic.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Delta is still all plastic for domestic First - flew F from JAX to ATL on Saturday, and have been up in Delta's F cabin about 20 times this year, and it's been all plastic, all the time.

International flights on 767-300s/777s have glass in BusinessElite, and I'd guess that when those planes do domestic turns they use glass, but the rest of the fleet doesn't have it.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:45 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sts603
Good to hear. I hope that's an industry standard that stays. Really, if US short-haul F had glassware it would be the leading product in the country with the snack basket. Of course when I mean short-haul I mean sub-90 minutes. Glass and a snack basket wouldn't beat UA, AA or CO on 700 mile flights.
Actually NW never abandoned glassware and now has the industry leading F snack basket. Fritos, Oreos, banannas, apples, mixed nuts, granola bars, and pretzels are now available on all flights. ^ Although the "basket" is a white cardboard box with the NWA logo.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Actually NW never abandoned glassware and now has the industry leading F snack basket. Fritos, Oreos, banannas, apples, mixed nuts, granola bars, and pretzels are now available on all flights. ^ Although the "basket" is a white cardboard box with the NWA logo.
Good point re: NW. Still doesn't beat UA, AA and CO which actually serve meals on 2 hour flights. I agree, US would do well if they put a fruit option or two into the basket a la NW. Oh that and glass on all flights.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 5:07 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well i just got back PHL to SFO and SFO to CLT. The Food has actually quite good from what I expected, had the calzone thing and omlet and fruit. No silverware or glassware.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:01 pm

Flew US1437 on 12/1 CLT-SFO and it was plastic the whole way.

That said the service was not bad, IMO. Good NYC based crew.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by DWilliamson5002
Well i just got back PHL to SFO and SFO to CLT. The Food has actually quite good from what I expected, had the calzone thing
Yeah the calzone thing was good.. and the cheesecake too.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:16 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Glassware in FC transcon has been delayed. There will be no glassware on shorthauls...sorry.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flight62
Glassware in FC transcon has been delayed. There will be no glassware on shorthauls...sorry.
Any reason for the delay? It's not like they have to buy it - it's all in storage from what I hear.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 2:36 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
No reason given right off. I'll post it when I here something.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold.
YYZ to PHX on 10/5

I was bumped up to first on 10/5 YYX to PHX and there was glass on that flight. Since it was an HP flight, that might explain the glassware there.

Also that was a Lunch flight, Pasta w/ Chicken or Salad w/ Chicken, not sure if that had anything to do with it.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 5:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MrSyslogd
I was bumped up to first on 10/5 YYX to PHX and there was glass on that flight. Since it was an HP flight, that might explain the glassware there.

Also that was a Lunch flight, Pasta w/ Chicken or Salad w/ Chicken, not sure if that had anything to do with it.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, MrSyslogd!

The fact you were on HP (or US West metal, if one prefers) has everything to do with it; they've had glassware for some time on all flights with meal service. It's the East side that has been all plastic, all the time (domestically, anyway).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.