Search

US Airways Safety Demo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Gold, Hertz Five Star
US Airways Safety Demo

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had a copy or knew a site of the US Airways Safety Demo. I know people who actually like the safety videos are in the minority, but I would love to watch it. Especially the one with the Transformations theme.

Thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:50 am

Programs: US SP
This is about as close as I could get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QTo0HfMmUA
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:15 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by MPSCAN1
This is about as close as I could get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QTo0HfMmUA
Hey, that's my video!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JAXPax
Hey, that's my video!
JAXPax I subscribe to You on YouTube. Keep the US Airways videos, coming lol
Old Aug 23, 2006, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

I wish there was the full video somewhere, can someone on there next flight maybe video tape it?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 7:40 pm

This would be great for my virtual airline on MSFS ^
Old Aug 23, 2006, 8:22 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by FlywithUS
JAXPax I subscribe to You on YouTube. Keep the US Airways videos, coming lol
I did add an original creation on there earlier this week, you view that?

I have the full length video on DVD with the old pan-flute music for the B737-400, though not sure how to rip it and upload it.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 6:29 am

http://www.idhal.com/cockroach/cockroach.htm

I have the sound from the safety demo.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JAXPax
I did add an original creation on there earlier this week, you view that?

I have the full length video on DVD with the old pan-flute music for the B737-400, though not sure how to rip it and upload it.
Yeah, I am your subscriber and I watch everything you upload (my SN is ScienceComp314) And safetymom, I downloaded the music from you and it is already in my FSPAX for flight sim

LOL I just need the video.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
My guess (and I could be wrong) is that the video was produced by Pace Communications, which was servicing US's IFE at the time it was created. It couldn't hurt to ask if they can send you a copy on VHS or DVD. I'm sure they don't get too many requests like that, and if they own the copyright, they just may decide to humor you! Good luck.

Pace Communications
1301 Carolina Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SS255
My guess (and I could be wrong) is that the video was produced by Pace Communications, which was servicing US's IFE at the time it was created. It couldn't hurt to ask if they can send you a copy on VHS or DVD. I'm sure they don't get too many requests like that, and if they own the copyright, they just may decide to humor you! Good luck.

Pace Communications
1301 Carolina Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Did Pace produce the one with Transformations or Pan-Flute Theme?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I don't know if Pace produced either one. I am making an educated guess based upon the fact that Pace handled US's video programming for at least the past few years - up until early this year. They may have hired a third party, but they were most likely responsible for getting the video onto the aircraft. I don't know what year the pan-flute theme was produced, or if Pace was US's video IFE provider at that time.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SS255
I don't know if Pace produced either one. I am making an educated guess based upon the fact that Pace handled US's video programming for at least the past few years - up until early this year. They may have hired a third party, but they were most likely responsible for getting the video onto the aircraft. I don't know what year the pan-flute theme was produced, or if Pace was US's video IFE provider at that time.
Roger, and you are probably right though that Pace produced the Safety video. I shot them an email and if they don't respond I will write using the address you gave me.

Last edited by FlywithUS; Apr 18, 2016 at 10:48 am
Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

I contacted Pace and they gave me the phone number for US's Onboard Video department, will give them a call tommorow.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 7:06 pm

The Safety Video

I have finally found a way to convert my VHS of the safety video to a computer file and have uploaded it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Duwwhqua4A

It's the B737-400 safety video. Same video as today, but it's the old pan flute music.

Enjoy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.