Philadelphia Envoy Lounge

Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, All on my own dime.
Philadelphia Envoy Lounge

I haven't been in the Envoy Lounge in Philly lately...it used to be pretty "cush". Is it still?
Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Randeman
I haven't been in the Envoy Lounge in Philly lately...it used to be pretty "cush". Is it still?
Yes - no real changes.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA G, DL SM
I concur with sts603.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:42 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Randeman
Define "lately".....The new, really "cush" one opened in mid-2003. Prior to that it was just average and a bit tight at times. So, depending when you were there will dictate your impressions when you return.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 8:19 am

The Envoy lounge in PHL A terminal is very good compared to many of the domestic international lounges I have been to. Open bar with several good choices of what I would consider to be call brand booze, acceptable wine and a so-so German sparkling wine (at least that was the choice last time I was there).

Food was good too, several bread, cold cut, cookie and veggie selections. Just an expansive view of all of the international flights getting ready to leave and a few flights that arrive at the old A terminal.

Large with a couple of TV's showing usually sports or news.....I like the Envoy lounge. Departures are announced also.

US's contract lounges in Europe, with the exception of Gatwick, are pretty poor. Open bars though, but just little places tucked back in corners of the airport that are usually crowded and run down.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 8:24 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
The Envoy lounge is head and shoulders above US' other clubs.
Good food and drink offerings and a pleasant atmosphere in general.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dwsnc
The Envoy lounge in PHL A terminal is very good compared to many of the domestic international lounges I have been to. Open bar with several good choices of what I would consider to be call brand booze, acceptable wine and a so-so German sparkling wine (at least that was the choice last time I was there).

Food was good too, several bread, cold cut, cookie and veggie selections. Just an expansive view of all of the international flights getting ready to leave and a few flights that arrive at the old A terminal.

Large with a couple of TV's showing usually sports or news.....I like the Envoy lounge. Departures are announced also.

US's contract lounges in Europe, with the exception of Gatwick, are pretty poor. Open bars though, but just little places tucked back in corners of the airport that are usually crowded and run down.
Spanair lounges in MAD aren't bad. Decent food and booze and reasonably comfortable. Don't know what the new terminal will hold.

If you are Star Gold and are in FRA - head for the Terminal B non-Schengen SEN lounge - head and shoulders above the UA RCC that's in the C - US-bound terminal.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:02 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Originally Posted by sts603
Spanair lounges in MAD aren't bad. Decent food and booze and reasonably comfortable. Don't know what the new terminal will hold.

If you are Star Gold and are in FRA - head for the Terminal B non-Schengen SEN lounge - head and shoulders above the UA RCC that's in the C - US-bound terminal.

You should see the LH First Class terminal in Frankfurt. Felt like royalty there!
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:03 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by sts603

The Envoy lounge is pretty nice.. and agreed its better than your typical USAir club. You get decent food and drinks with a great view. I was last there in July... my brother was impressed, but then again, he liked the BOS Club as well.... minus the free booze.

Concur with Spanair MAD Club... was there in May and had a nice 4 hour nap along with some snacks, etc... Great Olives!
Old Jul 25, 2006, 11:52 am

Programs: US Airways SP, Hilton Gold VIP,National Emerald,AVIS Preferred
If US Airways club memeber in PHL a terminal

Originally Posted by liveon777
The Envoy lounge is head and shoulders above US' other clubs.
Good food and drink offerings and a pleasant atmosphere in general.
In the morning you can actualy stroll Envoy Lounge and see ammenities it offers.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 3:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I am considering going from YOW to IST via PHI. I plan to fly business class, and I am a Star Alliance Gold member through Air Canada's Aeroplan.

I presume this lounge is international US Air Lounge in PHI. I have been to the domestic lounges in terminal F, and terminal B (or is it C?). I would presume that this international lounge is superior to the domestic ones?

Does the international lounge have computers?

Are there other options for Star Alliance lounges in PHI, if flying on a Star Alliance carrier to Europe (or beyond)?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I am considering going from YOW to IST via PHI. I plan to fly business class, and I am a Star Alliance Gold member through Air Canada's Aeroplan.

I presume this lounge is international US Air Lounge in PHI. I have been to the domestic lounges in terminal F, and terminal B (or is it C?). I would presume that this international lounge is superior to the domestic ones?
?
The A West lounge is definitely much nicer than the domestic lounges. It's quite large and has a great staff.

Bobi
Old Aug 30, 2006, 7:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by b1513
The A West lounge is definitely much nicer than the domestic lounges. It's quite large and has a great staff.

Bobi
Does this lounge have PC's, and a good variety of reading material?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:21 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Does this lounge have PC's, and a good variety of reading material?
No PCs, but there is wifi--not sure if it's free though. There are a few newspapers and magazines available. Hope this helps.

LAX
Old Aug 31, 2006, 2:45 am

Programs: US CP
Wifi is not free - I seem to remember it is about $10 a day for use.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.