When is Enough, ENOUGH?

Old May 29, 2006, 11:09 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by PineyBob
With me personally? Short answer? YES

But we have heard significant anecdotal evidence that the company is non responsive in general...

You write in with an issue and you don't even get an auto response acknowledging your e-mail. That alone should tell you how much they value customers, Like not at all!

This stuff isn't rocket surgery, it's basic Business 101.
I agree completely. I complained to US last year about a very negative experience and it took multiple emails, calls and a FedEx delivery to US to finally get a response that I finally received over about two months after the incident. US didn't really care about treating me decently.

Conversely, I stayed at a beautiful JW Marriott this weekend with a relative who is Platinum with Marriott (its equivalent of CP). At check-out, my relative pointed out a few things to the agent with the stay (nothing major, just some irritants) that hadn't gone as they typically do, and she immediately profusely apologized, thanked him for his business ("you're one of our best customers and we really hope that we will continue to earn your business!") and refunded the cost of the entire stay, including dinners, etc. We insisted that we didn't need a refund, as that was excessive and we didn't need anything, really, but she insisted that we needed to be 100% satisfied and that Marriott really wanted to make sure it continued to earn my relative's business. The hotel manager followed up with a phone call to my relative and again apologized (which was excessive) and thanked him again for his business. We were all extremely impressed by the lengths Marriott went to to satisfy us even over some immaterial glitches.

Results from these two experiences? US lost about $8,000 in revenue per year from me (I flat-out refused to fly it for a while but now will fly US if I have to, since I consider it now to be a different airline with just the same US name), while my relatives and I will be making every effort to stay at Marriotts as much as possible in the future, resulting in at least a few thousand dollars in new business per year for Marriott.
Old May 29, 2006, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Results from these two experiences? US lost about $8,000 in revenue per year from me (I flat-out refused to fly it for a while but now will fly US if I have to, since I consider it now to be a different airline with just the same US name), while my relatives and I will be making every effort to stay at Marriotts as much as possible in the future, resulting in at least a few thousand dollars in new business per year for Marriott.
NY,

Some corporations will just NEVER comprehend what you posted and it looks like US Airways is about to be one of them.
Face it, a M/L plane is either an Airbus or Boeing, The runways are the same, fuel is the same, weather is the same, ATC is the same. The FAA oversees MTC so it's essentially the same. Fares for the most part are the same.

So what's left that's in the airlines control 100% of the time? The way their people treat me and if you can't get that right then frankly what good are you to me?
Old Jan 20, 2007, 7:25 am

Programs: UA Plat, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Has anyone had success with consumer affairs? I have emailed them (through the website) twice in the past 3 weeks and have gotten no response except for the autoreply message that says they will respond soon. One message was to complain about getting four different answers from four different agents about a TA upgrade. The other was to complain that I had received no response four weeks after sending a message to the DMSC about missing miles. I guess not responding is still the common strategy for multiple departments at US. If I weren't in ROC and most of my travel wasn't most convenient on US flights, I would be outta here. Maybe IAD and ORD connections to BOS aren't looking so bad afterall.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I cant agree more with the aforementioned sentiments. I was a loyal US FF from about 1996 - maintaining silver status from about 1998 to about 2006 with peaks to gold in 2000 - 2002 and CP in 2003 and 2004.

I've simply started flying United and other carriers more often, as the annoyance of dealing with sub-par service onboard and significantly sub-par service on the phones has really turned me off.

I just got back from an international hop to IST on United and Lufthansa and every flight was great. FAs nice; the phone folks were good about changing my reservation by a day, and all was roses.

Not with US.

As an example. I have an award ticket to go to the Dayton in May for a meeting. My 7:00 a.m. flight disappeared off the schedule. Called res. I was automatically switched to a 10:30 flight which makes me miss the opening of my meeting. I ask if another flight is available. She agent bruskly says "No". I reply "what about a connector - there should be a 6:00 am through PHL." At first she starts droning on about having to pay a fee for the extra connection. I reply that it was not my schedule change, and that I should not pay a fee for a confirmed flight that was broken by the airline. She huffs, puts me on hold, and then rebooks the ticket.

I then ask about seats. She says they're taken care of, but doesn't mention what seat was assigned. I ask. She says 12A. 12A? On a CRJ where there are only 4 seats booked so far? ...!!! I quickly state that the flight is WIDE open and there must be something more forward than 12. She huffs again. 3A. Fine.

Does it have to be this difficult???????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.