Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has free booze in LAS club stopped yet?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2005, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Has free booze in LAS club stopped yet?

according to US air website LAS club will begin charging in the fall.
Just curious if they implemented this stingy policy.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I think there was free booze when I was there 2 weeks ago.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:53 am

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, National Executive
The booze was definitely free Sunday.

There seems to have been several changes in the policy regarding the LAS club. First they said there would be a charge for the booze, then they said that only the LAS club would have free booze, now they say there's going to be a charge?? Wish they'd make up their mind.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 12:06 am

Programs: NW Gold now, WC, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sfo_jfk_flyer
The booze was definitely free Sunday.

There seems to have been several changes in the policy regarding the LAS club. First they said there would be a charge for the booze, then they said that only the LAS club would have free booze, now they say there's going to be a charge?? Wish they'd make up their mind.
Wow, maybe it's ok NW WC members can't get in there after March. No, just kidding, I like the little club there at LAS, but charging for booze is really ridiculous and cuts against 'industry' standards, I'd say.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 12:31 am

Programs: UA MM , AA Plat
As of two days ago the booze was still free. I like the snacks there too. I was there around 4pm and there were only 5 others in the club.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 11:02 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by NWsilverflyer
Wow, maybe it's ok NW WC members can't get in there after March. No, just kidding, I like the little club there at LAS, but charging for booze is really ridiculous and cuts against 'industry' standards, I'd say.
Only NW, CO, DL have free booze in domestic clubs. US/UA/AA have always charged. The disadvantage to NW/CO/DL is that you need a same-day ticket on one of those carriers to get into the lounge. You could be flying WN ex-LAX (god fordbid) and still access the US lounge. No ticket on US/HP/UA/*A required.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 12:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sts603
Only NW, CO, DL have free booze in domestic clubs. US/UA/AA have always charged. The disadvantage to NW/CO/DL is that you need a same-day ticket on one of those carriers to get into the lounge. You could be flying WN ex-LAX (god fordbid) and still access the US lounge. No ticket on US/HP/UA/*A required.
You are wrong on this. I have a Continental Presidents Club membership, no need to have any kind of ticket for entrance.

Up until a short while ago, for admittance to Delta Crown Rooms, you needed to show a boarding pass for a DL-operated flight. This never applied to Continental Presidents Clubs or Northwest WorldClubs for CO and NW members.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 5:16 am

As another poster or two mentioned,PClub members and WC members are able to access any PClub or WC regardless of airline.

I do not know if CRC members have the same rights RE: CRC access.

I think (but could be wrong about this) that PClub members and WC members pay more for our memberships than US members do thus, we should not have to pay for our drinks as it is included in our membership. (We cannot use points to purchase our memberships.)
Old Dec 25, 2005, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
AS also has free limited alcohol in its clubs and as a member I can access without flight. If flying on CO or NW I have access to all their clubs and limited DL clubs. AC and pretty much all international carriers have free alcohol.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 9:34 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL PM, BA Gold, UA Gold, Bonvoy LT PLT
Free booze on 12/24, but the attendant did say that they were getting a cash register at the bar really soon.

Also, this was my first time using the club (day pass) and just some info...I had read on FT that a day pass was $35 for a non-HP FF member. Well, it is now $40. Still worth it in may case as I had quite a few hours to kill and needed the "peace and quiet" of the club.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 9:36 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL PM, BA Gold, UA Gold, Bonvoy LT PLT
Originally Posted by dan1431
As another poster or two mentioned,PClub members and WC members are able to access any PClub or WC regardless of airline.

I do not know if CRC members have the same rights RE: CRC access.

I think (but could be wrong about this) that PClub members and WC members pay more for our memberships than US members do thus, we should not have to pay for our drinks as it is included in our membership. (We cannot use points to purchase our memberships.)

It is even more restrictive with the AMEX plat card as you must be ticketed on the airline of which club you are visiting, so when I fly CO out of MSP, I cannot use my AMEX PLT card to visit the WC.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 3:22 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Originally Posted by TWAforever
Free booze on 12/24, but the attendant did say that they were getting a cash register at the bar really soon.
Installed by the same blue meanies that doubled HP's fares.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 6:59 am

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, National Executive
Cash Register is being programmed for LAS club

I asked the bartender yesterday at the LAS club (booze was free yesterday) .
She said the cash register is being programmed and that it would be there 'soon'. So good-bye free drinks!
Old Dec 28, 2005, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Thumbs down This really bites!!!!!

About 5 years ago Delta Crown Room was considering charging for alcohol
and the resulting uproar of members forced the airline to reconsider
and to this day drinks are still free. So I believe the same could be done with the stingy US Air bean counters if we all write to them with our concerns. I will do this and I recommend all members to do the same.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 4:48 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Though it is stated in the admission rules, I have never had to show a same-day ticket when visiting Delta's CRC, as a member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.