Phx AWA Club comparison

Old Feb 1, 2004, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
Phx AWA Club comparison

I'm always over at DL Crown Room Club, but have alwys wondered what you guys experience over in Termnal 4? Food? Luxurious? Beveages? TV's? Size of the Clubs? Other amenities? Thx
Old Feb 1, 2004, 1:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
The America West Clubs in Phoenix are far superior to the Delta Crown Room Club. America West Club offer things like:

- a nice selection of complimentary liquor, wine, and beer (comparable to Delta, but far superior to Continental). One potential annoyance is they cut everyone off after three, so if you're especially thirsty, you'll need to move on to a different location .

- espresso beverages

- some excellent staff

- purified water dispensers

- better snacks then Delta by far (warm pretzels, cookies baked daily inside the lounge (from prepared dough), bagels, breakfast pastries, etc.)

The A & B locations are nicely sized. They are comfortable, but could use a remodel. The new A concourse (employees call it the N1 club) location is very nice, but it is a little small.

The Las Vegas America West Club is the best airline lounge in the United States (serving domestic flights). The ticketing staff are excellent and the bar service is incredible.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 2:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
I agree, the LAS club is the best club. The ladies that work at that location are always smiling, always helpful and seem to be able to remember everybody's name! I am there weekly, but am amazed as I watch them acknowledge so many people by name as they enter.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 12:16 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
The problem with the LAS club is that is outside security, which is often a major hastle at LAS.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 8:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kanerf:
The problem with the LAS club is that is outside security, which is often a major hastle at LAS.</font>
Yes, I agree with this one, especially around prime time. However, connecting after 8:30pm mid-week allows plenty of time from the club and through security.

And they serve Coke products!!!!!
Old Feb 3, 2004, 12:13 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Yes I agree LAS is the best for service
unlimited drinks and very comfortable. I will
note too that LAS Club is managed by Marriott
and not HP like PHX.Mabey that is why the difference. I actually prefer the club outside security because I fly SW most of the time.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 12:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sanFF:
I will note too that LAS Club is managed by Marriott and not HP</font>
Actually, HMS Host (a Marriott spinoff), the LAS airport concessionaire, simply provides the food & beverages inside the lounge. They also provide bartender staffing. The lounge itself is managed by America West Airlines.

Old Jul 22, 2004, 12:39 pm

bumping up an old thread -- I'll be visiting the HP Club in PHX Sunday evening (8pm-10pm) just before closing, and it appears the B concourse club will be closed for remodeling, while the A concourse has two clubs, one by the low numbered A gates and one by the high numbered A gates. Any particular preferences between the two? The club by the low numbered A gates just recently reopened based on its target date of 7/16/04 (any confirmation?), so perhaps that one might be nicer since it was just redone? I was going to use which is closer to my gate for my redeye to JFK, but would prefer the nicer of the two clubs if there is a substantial difference between the two. Thanks for any input.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by cab747
bumping up an old thread -- I'll be visiting the HP Club in PHX Sunday evening (8pm-10pm) just before closing, and it appears the B concourse club will be closed for remodeling, while the A concourse has two clubs, one by the low numbered A gates and one by the high numbered A gates. Any particular preferences between the two? The club by the low numbered A gates just recently reopened based on its target date of 7/16/04 (any confirmation?), so perhaps that one might be nicer since it was just redone? I was going to use which is closer to my gate for my redeye to JFK, but would prefer the nicer of the two clubs if there is a substantial difference between the two. Thanks for any input.
Go with the lower-numbered club...the higher-numbered club is kind of shoe-horned into the little space it occupies if I remember correctly. I no longer fly HP unless I have absolutely no other choice.

It shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to get from one end of the airport to the other with all the moving sidewalks they have. Enjoy...
Old Aug 9, 2004, 12:43 am

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv
Anyone care to comment on the newly remodeled PHX clubs?

I haven't had a chance to visit recently but am curious about how much of an "upgrade" was done....
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by smantl01
Anyone care to comment on the newly remodeled PHX clubs?

I haven't had a chance to visit recently but am curious about how much of an "upgrade" was done....
I stopped through the newly remodeled club (by the low numbered A gates) on Sunday evening, 7/25/04. While only being in the "older" clubs maybe once or twice overall, I can't really give a detailed comparison as to the old vs. new. But compared to the the DL, NW, CO clubs I've been in, this HP club was right up there. Not as big considering a hub city (but then again, I'm sure not the same number of memberships either as DL/NW/CO), but all the furniture, carpet, decor looked real sharp. There was nothing that stood out significantly to make mention of, but a good experience overall. I just had a few drinks while watching the end of the BOS/NYY game on ESPN waiting for my redeye to JFK.

Keep in mind, since it was near closing time (10pm is close, I was there from about 800pm-910pm), only snacks remained (chips, nuts, crackers, etc.) and of course any drinks from the bar, soft drinks or alcoholic. I'd imagine had I been in the club around 800-900am (or any other peak time like around 400-500pm), perhaps there might be a bit more selection, but that wasn't too much of a concern to me at the time.

The agent working the front desk was nice, kept informing me of that status on my girlfriend's flight that was delayed by about 90 minutes so we'd be sure to make our connection to JFK.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by TransWorldOne
Actually, HMS Host (a Marriott spinoff), the LAS airport concessionaire, simply provides the food & beverages inside the lounge. They also provide bartender staffing. The lounge itself is managed by America West Airlines.
Yeah, that is one of Food Service as HMS Host where I am working at T3 in PHX. I have a good manager who work there at Terminal 3. I'm sure we will help out there something for you. You can go to Pizza Hut, CPK or anywhere else where yuo can go to get eat in the concourse or outside the security.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 3:35 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Now after US Air has bean counted the AW Club the Crown Room is now better

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.