Wiki Posts
Search

Special Dividends- Club Membership Question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Special Dividends- Club Membership Question

I've got the option of gifting a spousal/domestic partner Club membership. How is the spousal/domestic partner relationship verified/determined? Curious, as it would seem I could gift it to anyone claiming that they are my "partner"...
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by ACA321
I've got the option of gifting a spousal/domestic partner Club membership. How is the spousal/domestic partner relationship verified/determined? Curious, as it would seem I could gift it to anyone claiming that they are my "partner"...
For marriage they will want to see the marriage license; in my case I was just able to email in a scan of ours. For other partners, I would expect something showing cohabitation will be needed.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by ACA321
...How is the spousal/domestic partner relationship verified/determined? ...
I'd expect Special Dividends would follow the same rule as a regular Club membership ...

Joint membership (for a spouse or domestic partner only)

If member and spouse/domestic partner have different last names, a marriage certificate, domestic partnership agreement or affidavit of marriage/spousal equivalency is required with your membership application. Please send the appropriate documentation along with a printed copy of this application by fax to 336-760-7582 , or by mail to Admirals Club Administration, 799 Hanes Mall Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27103.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
They also check for the same last name. I tried to add my wife before we got married as we were living together. It compared our last names, saw they weren't the same and told me to either enter a different person or send in documentation supporting the spousal relationship. We were only a month away from marriage, so I just waited and updated her name, then applied the benefit.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks for the info guys... shouldn't be a problem getting one for my wife then, although she'll use it maybe twice in the calendar year.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
I didn't have to provide anything. My husband and I share the same last name and address. I just provided them his name and US # and he immediately was added. They even FedEx'd him a card.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by hginPHL
I didn't have to provide anything. My husband and I share the same last name and address. I just provided them his name and US # and he immediately was added. They even FedEx'd him a card.
I had the same experience.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
I was able to add my fiancee to my membership by sending in a notarized affadavit of spousal equivalency explaining that we share common residence, are mutually responsible for living expenses, intend to remain as such indefinitely, etc.

AA has a form online for this purpose in case anyone needs it: http://www.aa.com/content/images/abo...quivalency.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.