Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Problem booking award tickets: Says I don't have enough miles when I do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:27 am
Original Poster

I recently signed up for the USAirways MC that (at the time) gave 40,000 miles after first purchase. I met this, my first statement closed, and the miles were posted to my Dividend account. I now have 91,000 miles total in my Dividend account.

I have been trying to book two award tickets that cost 90,000 miles (normally 100k, but 90k with the USAirways MC discount of 5k per award ticket). Every time I try to complete the order, it says I do not have enough miles. My account clearly shows 91,000 miles and the total "to be deducted" after the MC discount is 90,000 miles. I am paying the fee with my USAirways MC.

Any suggestions on what the problem is or how to fix this?

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: AS MVP
It's not a rebate, it should show up automatically during booking. Check out the thread for more info. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19863067-post6.html
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. The 5k discount DOES show up and the total miles required (90k) reflects the discount. However, even though I have 91k miles in the account, and the total cost is 90k miles, I get a message when I click the final confirmation for booking that I don't have enough miles in the account.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
Call reservations and explain. They can book and waive fees
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
When stuff happens, isn't the first & best step to call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.